The North Face: Assistant Designer
Job Title: Assistant Designer
What You Will Do
You will support the Design Team in creating high-quality execution of designs in specific collections with the Off Mountain category, including both men's and women's product. You will collaborate with the Design Manager and Design Director to translate seasonal design themes, trend and consumer research into brand-right forward-thinking designs. You will participate in garment fittings and collaborate with Product and Technical Developers on executing design fit intent. You will build creative and technical design packages to support the concept and execution phases of the product creation process. You will follow a design schedule to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will apply a combination of aesthetic and functional design knowledge to create innovative product solutions. You will collaborate with the Design Team to build product that is consistent with market trends, business strategy and brand DNA. You will exercise your passion for sustainable design and be proactive about creating designs that reflect that. You are a team player, who adapts well to collaborating with a diverse team of designers and cross-functional partners.
Free To Be,Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 1-3 years?
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (apparel), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of apparel construction
- Experience in trend and competitor research
- Working knowledge of creating tech packs
- Experience in flat sketching and apparel illustration
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of 3D apparel software (Browzwear) a plus
- Working knowledge of apparel materials and trims
- Experience with applying color palettes across apparel collections
- Experience in attending garment fittings
- Communication skills in collaboration with cross-functional teams
$57,888.00 USD - $86,832.00 USD annually
Annual Incentive Eligibility:
This position is eligible to participate in a VF Incentive Plan. Detailed information on incentive plans will be provided during the recruiting process.
Benefits at VF:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clickingLooking to Join VF?Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during your onboarding process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Unless prohibited by applicable law, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
Please note, that our salary ranges are based on market pay data and geographical differentials. In determining the compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.