The North Face: Senior Manager, Merchandising, Equipment and Accessories (Global)
As a Senior Merch Manager, Equipment & Accessories, you will partner with the Global Equipment & Accessories Product team, as well as Regional Merchandising and Brand Marketing teams, to lead the development and direction of TNF’s Equipment & Accessories business. This will be inclusive of seasonal product initiatives, key assortments by channel and world-class toolkit to meet financial targets/metrics and deliver on strategic intent.
Join the North Face FamilyThe North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve.
As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
- Lead and deliver on a Product Merchandising strategy for Equipment & Accessories Categories that drives growth and revenue in Direct to Consumer, across Channels and within Accounts while also growing the shared global assortment between all regions.
- Gather consumer insights, market research, and interpret opportunities (competitive analysis/comps shops) to align on seasonal opportunities.
- Curate channel assortments and assist in segmentation that provide meaningful points of difference by channel.
- Participate in cross functional Go-To-Market work stream, ensuring seasonal category vision is brought to life instore and online.
- In partnership w/ Sr Director of Global Product Management and Merchandising, build seasonal Global assortment plans and reconcile Global assortment with regional merchandising financial plans at key milestones to ensure alignment.
- Partner w/ Global Product Management, Regional merchandising and Planning teams to develop product lifecycle plans and meet KPI targets for assigned category
- Partner w/ Global Product Management to drive seasonal toolkit excellence.
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills For SuccessYears of related professional experience: 7-8 + years
Educational position requirements: Bachelor of Arts: Merchandising, Product Management, or Business Preferred or equivalent combination of years of experience and education.
What we expect you already know:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required.
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to influence in front of accounts.
- Strong understanding of assigned marketplace, including regional difference and across diverse channels of distribution
- Ability to lead, influence and play an integral role within a broader team, connect the department and individual expectations to company vision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team, build consensus, and achieve results across a variety of distinct groups.
- Experience product forecasting, statistical modeling and/or strategic planning
- Computer/Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe illustrator a plus.
- Experience in retail sales analysis and interpretation of data to identify opportunities.
- 2+ years management a plus and cross functional partnerships
- Understanding of Equipment & Accessories product development and manufacturing process (a plus)
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy, and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF CorporationVF is one of the world’s largest apparel, Equipment & Accessories and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
Hiring Range:$116,640.00 USD - $145,800.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.At VF, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. VF will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.