The North Face: Senior Merchandiser, Department Stores (Americas)
The Senior Merchandiser, Department Stores, will be responsible for having a finger on the pulse of department store consumers in full to anticipate marketplace shifts to react quickly to build further opportunity for The North Face.Join The North Face Family
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives.
To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve. As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
The North Face has an amazing opportunity within the Americas Strategic accounts merchandising team for an experienced Sr. Strategic Account Merchandiser to support our Department Store partners.
You will partner with the Sr. Director, Strategic Account Merchandising to collaborate with the design and product development teams, you will play a auxiliary role in executing the overall strategic direction for department stores through impeccable product line management. You need to be passionate about product, the outdoor and lifestyle marketplace, be commercially smart, influential and thrive in a team environment.
As a Senior Merchandiser, Department Stores, you will curate assortments that ensure The North Face has the right product in the right place at the right time through the lens of the various department stores consumers. You will action the product strategy for department stores through intrinsic product assortments and drive alignment with internal and external stakeholders.How you will do it:
- Support in identifying and defining key market trends and patterns within department stores building seasonal line plans, and being a link between Product Design, Product Development and Account Sales managers ensuring the line reflects the account’s business needs.
- Identifying category and franchise opportunities. Product sell through will be leveraged to influence future assortment direction.
- Support the implementing the strategic vision and product framework in concert with Product Merchandising & Sales Account managers in for department stores.
- Excellent seasonal and complimentary product merchandising skillset to build assortment plans in full across all categories.
- Great experience in qualitative and quantitative research, analysis and consumer insights with extensive knowledge of the outdoor + sportswear industry.
- Understand and analyze market trends, shifts, and downturns, and provide feedback to Product Merchandising, Sales, and Marketing teams to continuously improve product plans and Go to Market (GTM) process.
- Implement segmentation and marketplace differentiation strategy, drive SKU efficiency on balance with complimentary long-term global product strategies.
- Confident product creation utilizing merch software and being aware of the product development journey.
- Seasonal product brief delivery, considering innovation that serves white space and opportunities.
- Apply agile working to offer commentary around reviewing and improving current business and GTM processes to identify opportunities that include account led feedback.
- Share and influence up to Regional Merchants to build consumer relevant product & assortments that drive profitable revenue growth in department stores.
- Attend key account meetings, market visits for presentations, and trend/market research trips.
We are looking for a real team player, who brings in creative and positive energy. The North Face Strategic Account Merchandising team is dynamic, strong and creative and we are looking for an inspiring personality that is full of energy and wants to push The North Face forward.Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.Skills For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Buying or Merchandising, Fashion Sales + Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Americas Marketplace
- Must have 5+ year experience in a similar role around marketplace merchandising, a background in sports performance/outerwear ideal but not essential.
- Strong eye for trends in a sportswear and outdoor environment in apparel, footwear and accessories.
- A true understanding of department stores and their consumers
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Product Merchandising awareness/experience will be an advantage in this role.
- Proficient in Powerpoint with confident presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving ability.
- Comfortable in a self-starter environment.
- Exercise strong interpersonal skills across internal and external partners.
- Ability to work in an open environment with cross-functional partners.
- Computer proficiency including specific job-required applications.
- Able to manage responsibilities & tasks without direction.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change.
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.We just have one question. Are you in?
$86,400.00 USD - $129,600.00 USD annually
This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clickingLooking to Join VF?
Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.Please note, our pay ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
$86,400.00 USD - $129,600.00 USD annuallyIncentive Potential:
This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.Benefits at VF Corporation:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our pay ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.