Transportation Operations Coordinator
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The TeamThe Transportation OPS Coordinator will be a part of the Transportation Team at Rent The Runway. The Transportation Team is responsible for both outbound and inbound logistics for all Rent the Runway’s customer orders. The team takes on novel and complex challenges together to deliver a Cinderella experience for Rent the Runway’s customers.
About The JobThe role of Transportation Coordinator is to deliver a high quality customer delivery experience for all internal and external RTR customers.
What You’ll DoThis role will be directly responsible for the following functions:
- Monitor standardized carrier metrics and attend meetings with individual middle mile and last mile carriers to ensure compliance and a homogenous customer delivery experience.
- Managing system cutoff and critical pull time settings for DFC’s across the network to ensure optimal truck utilization while ensuring deliveries within the customer promise time.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting trailer and air container cube utilization.
- Responsible for reviewing and escalation carrier OTA/D on a daily basis
- Utilize multiple forms of communication (email/phone/slack) for communication between freight and parcel carriers and operations to resolve delivery and pickup issues in real time on a daily basis.
- Tracking of all DC transfers, including 3rd Party shipments via FTL and LTL carriers.
- Proactively communicate any misses, changes or escalations to shipment arrival/departure to necessary RTR stakeholders
- Field inbound calls from DFCs and carriers, assess information and take appropriate actions, inclusive of providing relevant details to Ops & Transportation stakeholders in real time (includes weekend coverage as required).
- Use standard operating procedures to respond and resolve routine transportation issues to provide first in class service to both the RTR customer and the carrier(s)
- Track, trace, and manage all shipments to ensure desired shipment results
- Identify any performance concerns and collaborate with teams to resolutions
- Address & resolve escalated customer service issues in a timely and thorough manner
- Build & maintain relationships with multi-functional internal and external key stakeholders.
- Manage shipping quotes and routing guides.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 + Years of transportation, logistics or supply chain experience
- Intermediate to Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field is preferred. High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent with 4 years transportation, logistics or supply chain experience
- You are a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills
- You function well in ambiguity.
- You are comfortable leveraging data to create mechanisms and improve processes.
- You are proactive and constantly curious to learn new things, and you love to work on a team with smart, driven, and productive people.
- Demonstrate strong client and customer focus.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure will remaining calm and composed
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.