Transportation Planning Analyst, E-Commerce
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our team is hiring a Transportation Analyst for E-Commerce! Come join us!
In this role, you will be responsible for performing forecasting processes at a multi-site level while improving on-time shipping and delivery performance for Nike Digital consumers and customers. We're looking for someone who can assist in facilitation of continuous improvement processes while making the operations more effective and flexible. The ideal candidate will have experience in process flow mapping, data analysis, impact assessment, and presentations to support of projects and departmental goals. This position has a major responsibility in the day-to-day forecasting and allocation processes, Digital Peak season including carrier capacity planning, performance reporting, and the continued growth of Nike’s digital order performance.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This position will be on site at the NALC Nike DC in Memphis, TN and represent Last Mile Transportation on cross-functional teams. This role collaborates with several internal/external customers to plan, develop and coordinate movement of product from distribution facilities to Digital consumers. Specifically, you will work with the LM Transportation Manager to analyze performance data for driving key decisions around service, operations and overall logistics. You will interact with the Nike Memphis Network DCs to provide day-to-day operational support for customer delivery activities and related communication among internal and external partners and (LSP's) in respective regions. You will partner with Omnichannel Transportation on strategy for consumer-focused initiatives and work closely with LSP Management on business reviews evaluating performance against service level agreements. You will also partner closely with the Marketplace Operations (MPO) Digital team to build flex capacity solutions to meet and exceed consumer and customer demand.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Support the execution/operationalization of all Digital projects and transportation initiatives by seeking out, introducing and applying industry 'standard methodologies' with a focus on efficiency and sustainability.
- Conduct weekly carrier OPS and planning meetings with DC partners and track issues and resolution
- Coordinates key Digital launches and activities between Digital Marketplace OPS team and Memphis Distribution Center OPS team; manager carrier capacity to prevent consumer delivery delays
- Implement process improvements by using performance metrics between MPO's Digital and Digital DC's teams
- Assist in development and maintenance of Holiday/Peak/non-Peak season operational plans to increase capacity needs and to ensure on-time performance
- Proactively communicate opportunities to minimize outbound capacity constraints by improving issues and analyzing carrier trends in key city markets
- Ensure daily carrier performance execution and all requirements are meet for outbound shipping (SLAs, shipping supplies and systems); call out issues to LSP Management for National and Regional carriers; (e.g. contractual and SLA’s compliance issues)
- Initiate, develop, and implement continuous improvement activities for operating metrics and performance, specifically related to cost, service, and compliance for domestic freight movement (e.g. mode optimization, carrier selection)
- Proactively identify outbound transportation cost savings opportunities (e.g. routing of split shipments, air to ground opportunities, accessorial spend review) and raise to appropriate transportation or cross-functional partner (e.g. DC, MPO)
- Serve as single, day-to-day point of contact for transportation operations at the DC to address operational carrier issues
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO NIKE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Economics or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years supporting transportation/Transportation operations in a Retail/E-Commerce supply chain environment
- Experience interpreting carrier rates, contracts and tariffs and with experience in the use of distribution strategies such as cross-docking, retail pool and zone skipping/hub bypass
- 1+ year of project management experience with an understanding of standard tools and methodologies
- ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future.
- Travel, 10-15%
- 3+ years transportation planning experience
- Demonstrated ability in supporting customer delivery operations and Direct-to-Consumer online delivery support
- Experience in using VBA, SQL, Tableau, or Alteryx in a business environment
- Experience with EDI Integration with carriers
- Experience working as a Financial Analyst or Transportation Analyst with a US retailer or major 3PL or carrier
- Work related experience with operations and freight terms in key modes of outbound transportation such as small package, full truckload and LTL as well as experience in network design or transportation modeling using tools such as Transplace
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.