Trend Associate - Women's
DescriptionThe Trend Associate will support trend initiatives through research and analysis, and aid in the creative concept process of the product assortment. You will research and report the seasonal trend with regards to print, color, fabric, and silhouette. You will work together with Merchandising, Marketing and Visual teams. The Trend Associate will support the creation of thoughtful, relevant and trend-right fashion content for all touch points from ideation to completion. You will support the shaping of the branding direction of DSG through trend research on all platforms by remaining current on industry trends and the competitive landscape to forecast and identify upcoming trends.
- Collect images to represent and illustrate current and future trends as related to division (work with graphic designer on creation of presentation boards).
- Research cultural and lifestyle trends: Heavy digital research in YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, WGSN, and other social channels.
- React with business initiatives involving product, design, merchandising, and process.
- Ideate with the Manager of Trend to drive newness and innovation
- Manage the concept sample organization and uphold each season’s presentation set-up.
- Continuously update concept books with fluctuating trends within the marketplace.
- Reinforce a process to relay important trend & concept information to cross functional teams.
- Communicates thoughts, ideas, information and messages in a logical, organized and coherent manner.
- Attend seasonal line review with Leadership across Product Development and Merchandising with guidance from the Director of Design and Manager of Trend.
- Attend seasonal strategy meetings with Design, Sourcing, and Product Management.
- Partner with Marketing, Brand Design, and Visual Merchandising to ensure all supporting collateral developed in support of assigned category(s) aligns with the overall aesthetic direction of the seasonal line.
- Keep up-to-date information of customer identity and interests relating to social and cultural influences and relay information to the Product Management and Design teams.
- Shop competition, attend trade shows and meet with market influencers to take photos/buy samples to pull together inspiration.
Bachelors Degree- Product Development, Merchandising, Design
Photoshop, Creative Cloud
Strong taste level and knowledge of fashion apparel global trends