Trim R&D Specialist
About the Role
In this role, you will leverage consumer insights and key trends to drive trim development, innovation, costing, and positioning. You will also provide direction and thought partnership to internal Gap Inc teams in North America, as well as the Mill Management teams in Asia based on cross-functional strategies.
What You'll Do
- Analyze trim needs across the company and communicate recommendations to cross functional partners for leveraging qualities across divisions, taking into consideration and tracking all components of the fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration.
- Track Trim development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonal developments and testing reporting and risk assessment tool to level set expectations across functional areas
- Partner with Product Development and Merchandising to ensure that trims are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture
- Identify trims that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the Mill management team
- Drive trim process discipline throughout product to market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone.
- Able to communicate difficult concepts in a simple manner
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope.
Who You Are
- Proven ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Knowledge and understanding of work within R&D
- Ability to travel globally