Truss Tech Designer
Tibbetts Lumber Co. LLC, a growing Lumber and Building Materials company, is seeking an experienced Truss Designer.
Under general supervision, this position creates truss placement plans, truss design drawings and truss quotes along with providing technical support to customers and sales representatives related to truss components for residential and commercial projects.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Produces floor and roof truss placement plans, truss design drawings and truss quotes using your ability to understand blueprints and customer requirements for specific projects.
- Determine design specifications based on blueprints and structural design needs.
- Review other designers work as part of a double check system to reduce design errors prior to putting paperwork into manufacturing.
- Create shop paperwork that is optimized and batch for efficiency based on equipment used in manufacturing.
- Communicate with customer and sales staff on technical aspects of plans which require clarification from customer, Architect or Engineer. Document communication with said parties using excel spreadsheet and saved emails.
- Consult with more experienced component technicians and management when more in-depth analysis is required.
- Plan and pace your own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attend periodic safety meetings as required; recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Job Requirements include:
- Knowledge of company products sufficient to determine appropriate structural applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
- Knowledge of drafting, architectural design or CAD applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mitek Software preferred.
Tibbetts Lumber offers an excellent benefits package to our employees including:
- Competitive wages
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday pay
- Health Savings Account
Tibbetts Lumber Co. LLC complies with all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination of any kind. Tibbetts Lumber Co. LLC is a Drug-Free Workplace and uses pre-employment drug testing to confirm all of its potential employees do not use any restricted substances. Tibbetts Lumber Co. LLC is an at-will employer and can terminate its employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, and without notice.