Uniform Technical Designer
Founded in 1818,Brooks Brothers
is America’s oldest clothier. For more than 200 years, the brand has defined the standard of dress in America and has evolved into a global lifestyle brand offering complete apparel and accessories collections for men, women and children. Brooks Brothers products are world renowned for innovation, quality, timeless style and exceptional value. As America's oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers has a long history of creating long-term relationships with both our Customers and our Associates.
This role will support the development of uniforms from prototype to production, working closely with the Merchants, Design and Production teams, to achieve high standards of quality and consistency in fabric, fit and construction.Responsibilities
- Collaborate to gain clear direction and consensus of vision.
- Expertise in understanding of fit, construction, evaluating samples, materials, performance fabrics.
- Responsible for effectively communicating expectations to production, and to factories.
- Read and understand Product Map to support development of prototype and samples.
- Engage in good working relationships with our vendors to achieve an understanding of the technical & quality requirements of our product.
- Engage and support fitting sessions to process garments from prototype to production.
- Communication of PLM tech packs.
- Help to facilitate communication and follow up where needed.
- Reports for timing and samples tracking to PLM manager to ensure timely execution.
- 5-6 years’ experience in Technical Design
- Minimum Associates Degree (Technical School)
- Technical School in related courses such as patternmaking, sewing, fashion design.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel; PDM / Flex PLM type programs; Illustrator or similar sketching program; sewing & knowledge of garment construction.
- Experience with uniforms
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and results orientation
- Ability to write product specs and advanced construction instructions
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure and improve manufacturing quality, timeline and compliance standards.
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a high workload and multiple projects
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000 annually. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to position offered and work experience. In addition to your salary, SPARC Group, and its affiliated brands, offers a benefits package, including 401(k) plan, overtime pay, flexible work schedule and a generous employee discount program (all benefits are based on eligibility). Additional information regarding the benefits for this position can be found in the Benefits Guide that is available from our Human Resources Department.
BB OpCo LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).