Urban Outfitters Associate Textiles Print Designer
Title: Associate Designer, Textiles
Reports to: Sr. Designer, Textiles
Objectives: The Associate Designer of Textiles is responsible for creating and executing the private label design development for all product classes relating to textiles. This includes, but is not limited to, Bedding, Rugs, Bath, Window Coverings, Tapestries, Decorative Textiles and Pillows. This position requires a highly motivated and experienced problem solver who can see the process from conception through final sample. They must be able to react quickly and multitask, keep current on design and brand appropriate trends, as well as partner and collaborate with other designers and buyers.
- Create innovative and brand appropriate design solutions for all facets of brand specific Textiles.
- Ability to hand paint for different sensibilities.
- Complete detailed design briefs for all new product development, to be sent to vendors for production
- Present design solutions to the Design and Buying Teams
- Respond to critique and direction with an open mind.
- Manage and complete line plan requirements from Buyers on a seasonal basis.
- Work closely with team leads to develop a cohesive product assortment that both fulfill business needs, as well as pushing the envelope with new product development.
- Quickly develop chase product closer to seasonal trends and needs.
- Attend follow-up meetings for all products and manage workload accordingly.
- Regular communication between Buyers, Design Coordinator and Production team.
- Keep current on Department, UO Brand and companywide initiatives.
- Research and present to team leads new product and trend ideas for each season.
- Assist in the concepts with Design team, to be presented to the Buying and Production teams each season preparation of overall.
- Strong Computer skills: Photoshop, Illustrator. CAD programs a plus
- Must have Hand painting skills and versatile hand for different lifestyles
- Understanding of artwork repeats and color separation.
- Technical knowledge of all home textile products, including construction details & material specifications. Knowledge of textile embellishments, embroidery, stitch details and manipulation techniques.
- Ability to create detailed product specifications to be sent to vendors for manufacture.
- Outstanding taste level and sense of home and overall design trends.
- Ability to work within a team to create the best product that is focused on our customer.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative and innovative design solutions.
- Ability to successfully manage workload efficiently
- Ability to research and report on industry trend direction, color direction, and materials.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with partners in Design, Buying and Production teams.
- Strong organizational skills, as this job requires multi-tasking on many levels.
- Degree in Textile Design, Surface Design a plus
- 2-3 Years working in the design industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CS | Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient understanding of CAD patterns & repeats.
- In person | Philadelphia, PA
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.