Urban Outfitters Buying Assistant
Job descriptionTitle: Urban Outfitters - Buying Assistant
Objective: Responsible for assisting the buyer to create an exciting and timely product assortment for the retail and direct businesses that meet or exceed the sales volume and profit for the department.
- Supporting the daily operations within designated buying area and developing partnerships with the assistant or associate buyer on all necessary tasks
- Managing the flow of merchandise and updating merchant boards
- Rudimentary understanding of retail math
- Sharing and communicating thoughts/opinions to managers or business groups as a whole
- Help to maintain accurate Buy Sheets by class.
- Entering, updating, managing, tracking, and organizing purchase orders in all systems (MTS, IP and Blue Cherry) to ensure timely delivery
- Ensuring accuracy in all systems
- Communicating late deliveries to the buying and sales team
- Developing cross functional relationships with market and internal partners
- Prioritizing and reacting with a sense of urgency to the requests from both the merchant and cross functional teams
- Organizing and cataloguing samples
- Recent grad-1 year of buying experience
- Strong communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to grasp multiple systems quickly
- Detail oriented
- Creative thinker
- Retail or previous buying experience preferred
: Philadelphia, PA
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.