Urban Outfitters Merchandise Planner - Women's Apparel
To maximize sales by developing sound merchandise plans that support Company goals for sales, turn and margin. Ensure the financial success of one or more departments by meeting or exceeding sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals. Analyze and revise the merchandise planning strategy based on current trend or actual performance on a monthly basis
- Formulate guidelines for style and customer choices (style OTB) based on business analysis
- Monitor and evaluate sales of current styles on a weekly basis, partnering with the buyer and the Senior Planner / Planning Manager to effectively manage receipts and inventory
- Manage inventory levels needed to support the rate of sale taking into account sell-through percent, WOS, and planned product life span
- Develop markdown strategy for a merchandise area based on sell-through percent and planned product life span. This includes both redlines and promotional strategies
- Develop style-level plans based on current forecast, historic trend and test information for key items or attributes
- Conduct color-level planning based on the inventory need to support rate of sale, store presentation, targeted sell-through percent, and the current risk parameters and historical trends (long range goal)
- Work in synergy with Buyer and Allocation Analyst toward common goals for the merchandise area. Look to Senior Planner / Planning Manager for guidance on all areas of responsibility.
- Expert command of retail math concepts and applications
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Technical skill proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have at least 2 years of Merchandise Planning experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.