Urban Outfitters: Merchandising Intern
Job descriptionAbout Our Program
Each summer URBN Inc. welcomes candidates from across the country to immerse themselves within various teams across our portfolio of brands and gain hands-on learning experience in the area of business which they choose to pursue. For 10 weeks, interns will share in the unique culture & perks found at our Home Office in the historic Philadelphia Navy Yard, while developing the skills to succeed in a fast-paced retail environment. Our paid internship program also offers a summer full of intern focused events including exposure to our senior leadership across the business in small group settings, insight into company initiatives, off-site field trips & for those qualified a chance to interview for a full-time job opportunity. See for yourself what our past & present interns are up to@urbnearlycareers&#myurbnsummer!
The URBN 2023 Summer Internship Program will run from 6/5 through 8/11 at our Home Office in Philadelphia, PA.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
You find ways to use imagery and creativity to convey a message.
Our merchandising intern works strategically to tell our products story on our e-commerce website through compelling imagery, key words and easy to shop edits.
What Will You Be Doing?
· Learn the product lifecycle and the merchandising role in the process
· Organize samples for meetings, photo shoots, and sample closet
· Assist merchandising team with meetings, turnover, emails, and projects
· Partner cross functionally with buying, design, marketing and creative teams
What You Will Bring!
· Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
· Rudimentary understanding of retail math
· Detail oriented and creative thinker
· Strong relationship building skills and ability to work cross functionally
· Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Retail experience preferred
Project Overview and Guidelines
In addition to your application and resume, to be considered for this role please submit a Trend Concept Board (8.5 X 11 PDF format is preferred)
· Create a concept board with 3 – 5 fashion trends you see emerging for the Urban Outfitters customer in Fall 2023.
· Pull imagery from blogs, Pinterest, Instagram, runway, etc. to show your point of view – merchandisers, make it into a story!
· We are looking for forward thinkers showing future inspirational trends that move beyond where we are currently or where we have been!
This is the creative part of the application so have fun with it!
* If you have a portfolio, please be sure to include links for us to check it out!*
Summer Internship Program Application Process:
1. Apply toone (1)internship posting that best suits your interest & skills.If there is a project component in the application (see above), it is required that you submit this to be considered for a position.
2. Complete HireVue: Candidates selected will receive an email with a link to complete a HireVue Video Interview. You will have 2 days to complete this portion of the application once the email is received.
3. Interviews will be scheduled with our internal teams, continuing on a rolling basis.
Applications will be open through November.
Don’t forget to check outurbn.com/internshipsand@urbnearlycareerson Instagram to learn more!