Urban Outfitters Visual Merchandising Manager
In collaboration with the store team, the Visual Merchandising Manager supports the operations of the store with an emphasis on merchandising and display to create an inspiring and dynamic visual experience for the customer.
- Acts as a brand representative reflective of the company values; partners with the Display Artist and Department Managers on the creation of an engaging visual experience that appeals to the UO customer
- Delivers exceptional customer experiences that are engaging and personalized, yet efficient
- Takes a forward-thinking approach to the customer experience, in-store creative marketing, merchandising, activations, and supporting store teams to drive sales and create a compelling store environment
Leadership + Team Management
- Supports the recruiting, hiring, mentoring, and training of department and display candidates to drive bench and succession planning; maintains responsibility and ownership of own development and professional growth
- Sets clear objectives and expectations by coaching team members on store processes, business analysis, merchandise placement and standards, visual display
- Inspires team through shared fate, creativity, and empowerment; tailors motivation to the individual and leveraging the strengths of the team
Visual + Business Operations
- Manages visual direction of display and merchandising process from planning through execution to meet company expectations, budgets, and timeline
- Assesses store business using company reporting tools to identify department and global opportunities for the store; takes smart visual risks with measurable results to maximize sales and impact customer experience
- Drives an effective shipment and omni process to prioritize getting product to the customer; takes a forward-thinking approach to make a strategic plan for execution and recovery of sell through and markdowns
- Takes an active role in daily operating processes through payroll management and adapting the zone and visual support to the needs of the business
- Adheres to store’s safety standards, inventory accuracy, reduction of product loss, and upholds all company policy and procedures to support the profitability of the store
Communication + Relationships
- Facilitates the sharing of product knowledge, current trends, visual priorities and brand messaging through daily meetings with the team and customer
- Checks in with Store Brand Leader, Department Manager, and Display Artist to maintain communication and teamwork on completing store objectives; encourage and demonstrate adaptability to affect change and successfully execute a shared vision
- Stays current and responds to interoffice communication while ensuring important Company information reaches all levels of the team; provides global product and visual feedback to Store Brand Leader and District Brand Leader
- Passion for UO brand
- 3+ years store visual merchandising and leadership experience
- Strong merchant skills and a history of delivering financial results
- Experience with floor planning
- Proven record of developing great talent
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the store including nights, weekends, and holidays
Wage Transparency: To view information related to various state-specific wage transparency laws, click here. Please also note, if a full-time role is eligible to participate in the Company’s Monthly Store Incentive bonus program, this may result in bringing the total compensation to a higher range.
Benefits + Perks: We offer one of the best and most comprehensive wellness benefits in the retail industry, click here to learn more.
Los Angeles City applicants click here and San Francisco applicants click here to view Fair Chance Ordinance.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression), religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.