Urbn Oms Solutions Architect
Urban Outfitters, Inc. (“URBN”), is a leading lifestyle products and services company which operates a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Anthropologie, BHLDN, Free People, Terrain, Urban Outfitters and Nuuly brands and the Food and Beverage division. Urban Outfitters, Inc., is a Fortune 1000 company with $4 Billion in revenue.
OMS Solution Architect
The OMS Solution Architect is a key role involved in all facets of Order Management and integration with other systems. The OMS Solution Architect is a driving force for both Major Initiatives and smaller solutions.
· Solutioning for Sterling Order Management and Yantriks Inventory & Sourcing systems.
· Knowledge of systems related to Order Management including POS, Warehouse Management, Website, Call Center, Returns, Payments and more
· Solutioning for larger cross system projects and related integrations (largely via Tibco)
· Participate in process improvements for the development process including Agile procedures and functional and performance testing strategy
· This is a hands on position including development of POCs when needed, Unit testing, development of test plans, data exploration via queries and APIs and more
· Design of microservices and event driven systems
· React to possible production issues
· Enjoys working in a collaborative team setting
· Understanding of OO principles and design patterns
· At least 8 years of software development experience
· Extensive experience implementing new features for Order Management and supporting Order Management
· Self-starter, ready to learn new concepts and technologies. Willing to take on responsibility for new features and shepherd them from inception to completion
· Experience selecting and supporting software packages
· Strong understanding of RESTful services design
· Strong understanding of asynchronous message processing technologies
· Strong communications skills - able to discuss both complex technical problems and describe solution to business opportunities with executives and non-technical audiences
· Enjoys mentoring engineers, working across teams, and sharing knowledge with other solution architects
· Familiarity with Sterling Order Management
· Familiar with Java Spring boot microservice development and Java
· Experience with Python programming language
· Understanding of cloud hosting platforms and infrastructure
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field or at least 5 years of relevant experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent.