(USA) Manager II, Visual Merchandising Ecomm - Home Office/Stores
What you'll do...
MANAGER: VISUAL MERCHANDISING
Walmart Visual Merchandising's mission is to inspire customers to shop for the things they need and spend time discovering the things they want. Doing so, we will drive incremental sales and make each trip feel like time well spent.
Walmart Visual has 4 capabilities: Visual Merchandising, Visual Styling, Visual Operations and Visual Innovation. Each brings a unique expertise to the table, and all will lean into creating world class experiences.
As Manager of Visual Merchandising, you will play a key role in elevating the Walmart Associate and customer experience by:
- Partnering with Associate Director on developing strategy and aligning with key partners
- Managing the execution and implementation of in-store visual merchandising solutions (e.g., display, fixture placement, lighting, materials, and in-store signage), in collaboration with Merchandising and Marketing, for large or complex projects.
- Managing large or complex projects involving cross-functional teams from inception to store delivery
- Utilizing space planning and visual merchandising techniques to operationalize presentations
- Supporting the development of Visual Merchandising tools, resources, and onboarding guides at Home Office and Field
Ideal candidates will be able to lead through ambiguity, foster connectivity with the cross-functional team (Merchandising, Space Planning, Marketing, Store Operations, etc.), educate and promote Walmart Visual as an essential function and be ready to roll-up their sleeves.About Walmart Marketing
Named Ad Age's Marketer of the Year in 2022, you'll join an internationally recognized team of thinkers, creators, and problem solvers passionate about helping people save money and live better.
Walmart Marketing is a dynamic, multidimensional organization dedicated to redefining how the world shops through impactful creative and fast-paced innovation - all grounded in customer insights and brand strategy. We live out our company values each day while striving to exceed customer expectations and drive growth for the company.
We orchestrate marketing campaigns and experiences that reach millions of daily shoppers. Our work spans the digital and physical spaces and combines the work of numerous internal teams and external advertising and media agencies. Our teams work together to show our customers how they can save money and live better. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Marketing role at Walmart could be what you've been looking for.
Our Marketing team has flexibility on location, for most of our openings, you can live within driving distance to one of our hubs: Bentonville, AR or Hoboken, NJ. We're moving toward 3 days in the office per week, with flexibility.You Will Make An Impact By
- Leveraging data and insights to customize the in-store experience and influence presentation stakeholders (Merchants, Design, and RBX).
- Partnering with Home Office stakeholders to achieve visual merchandising operational objectives by coordinating cross-functional processes
- Optimizing and implementing sales floor capacity guidelines to support Merchants and Planning
- Driving seasonal execution priorities, contingency plans, and marketing initiatives by simplifying presentations and in-store execution
- Co-lead in-store Visual Merchandising training sessions with Visual Operations Managers to drive quarterly goals and establish routines across apparel, home, and seasonal hardlines.
- Translate innovative thinking into innovative solutions that are grounded in market knowledge and customer insights
- Operate with customer and store team centricity at the forefront
- Are always one step ahead and can quickly identify opportunities with Home Office process and store execution before they arise
- Effectively stretch across multiple functions (styling, merchandising, innovation, guest insights, store operations etc.) to support the broader team
- Have the aptitude for building strong partnerships, presenting to, and influencing across all levels
- Lead with an open mind to evolve the ways we work and achieve our business goals - staying curious, challenging the status quo, championing diverse points of view, and applying new/diverse ways of thinking.
- 4-year college degree in Visual Merchandising, Marketing, or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Home Office Visual Merchandising.
- 2+ years of in-store retail experience
- Proven ability to effectively coach, build skillsets, and develop diverse and inclusive teams.
- Comfortable self-motivating, self-directing and building process and solutions when not defined.
- Strong, quick, and thorough problem-solving skills within fast paced environments.
- Possess strong organization and prioritization skills while remaining agile and calm under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Preferred experience in Adobe Creative.
- Experience with Big Box Retailer a plus
- Performance-based incentive awards
- 401k with company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave,
- New surrogacy & adoption benefits
- Unlimited Flex Time Off
- Working alongside a diverse group of collaborative and innovative team members
- Opportunity for growth and development across several areas of the Fortune 1 organization
- And much more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Fine Arts, or related field and 1 years' experience in merchandising, marketing, operations, or related field OR 3 years' experience in merchandising, marketing, operations, or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading cross-functional teams, Managing visual merchandising projects., Merchandising, marketing, or related field., Print production., Visual merchandising or related creative field.
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America