User Experience Designer Lead
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy's is the largest NYC based digital retailer and has driven more than ten consecutive years of double-digit growth. We're building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience - at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology - to help customers find and buy products they love.
Do you want to collaborate with a smart and talented team in a fun work environment? This is a unique opportunity to join an established company that is investing in development and growing digital business at scale. Gain first-hand experience defining the future of online and physical commerce. With a constant influx of exciting and challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office. We also offer many roles with the freedom to build and lead a team. Join Macy's Digital to grow your career and help shape the future of an iconic brand.
Macy's Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented Senior UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to play a key role in shaping the user experience design for Macy's.com, Macy's app, and Macy's retail stores. The Senior UX Designer plays a key role in realizing Macy's strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience designing across digital channels. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences. In addition to being an individual contributor, the Senior UX Designer will mentor UX Designers and Associate UX Designers, and guide their efforts to align with Macy's strategic vision. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Manager of User Experience Design.
- Designs domain experience that meets business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI's and user success metrics).
- Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
- Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
- Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
- Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research.
- Work closely with the domain UX Manager and UX Lead to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design system.
- Mentors domain team user experience designers.
- Highly knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
- Capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
- Strong ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
- Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Minimum 5 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
- Project Management experience with a solutions oriented mind-set
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work cross functionally with multiple business partners
- Solid negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Opportunity to exposure to high visibility / impact projects
- First-hand experience to help define the future of online and physical commerce at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team
A chance to learn and participate in the growth of NYC's largest retailer