Video Editor & Producer
New York, NY, USAPosted 10 hours ago
Company presentationCoach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
Job descriptionThe ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong creative and production skills. The position focuses on creating and editing social, marketing and informational videos. Dual-reporting to the Motion Art Director and the Director, Video Production, the Video Editor will play a key role in creation of original content, but will also be called on to fulfill compression and versioning requirements from existing content for paid advertising and in-store display needs.
Additionally, the Video Editor will be responsible for coordinating the day to day operations of the editing team. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing processes and systems to manage workflow to ensure all internal editing/motion/animation projects stay on task and meet key dates detailed in production schedules. This also includes assessing need for and securing freelancers/outside contractors, and ensuring all video content is properly archived on servers.
Projects include social, commercial, and corporate content.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in the Creative Studio to...
- Perform post-production editing for campaign, social, and retail needs
- Assist in activities related to the conception, design, creation, development and implementation of media distribution.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Coordinate day to day workflow/operations and ensure all edit team projects stay on task and meet dates detailed in production schedules.
- Help assess freelance needs for the team and secure those resources.
- Have knowledge of digitizing/ importing audio and video footage, work on audio and color correction
- Knowledge developing titles and motion graphics using software programs in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator & Adobe After Effects)
- Ensure all video content is properly archived on servers
- A strong aptitude towards technology (information technology, web-based systems or videography) plus a willingness to learn new technological skills.
- Must be able and willing to work well in a team environment.
Video Editor - New York, NY
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop, and today is a leading New York design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality, and our commitment to the customer experience.
At Coach, we bring together strong, collaborative people in a culture of mutual respect, support, accountability, and passion for the brand and product. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for exceptional talent to thrive.
Profile- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 3+ years of video editing experience
- Excellent coordination, organization & prioritization skills across the board and as they relate to day to day operations of edit team.
- Well-versed experience in Premiere Pro, with a working knowledge of After Effects on a Mac Platform.
- Experience editing content for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube or other online platforms & websites.
- Good visual communication skills - strong design sense with work to demonstrate.
- Self-motivator, creative thinker & problem solver.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Enjoys working in teams as well as independently.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.