Madewell is a community-driven clothing destination that champions creativity, inclusivity, and self-expression. With denim at the brand’s core, Madewell also offers all the tenets of a great wardrobe, from easy tees and timeless outerwear to classic footwear and last-forever bags. Beyond impeccably designed products, Madewell also distinguishes itself through a number of meaningful sustainability initiatives, a best-in-class customer loyalty program, and community-driven initiatives including Hometown Heroes and Labels We Love. For more information, visit madewell.com and follow us @madewell.
As a Visual Associate, you’ll use your attention to detail and keen eye to keep our store environment beautiful and inviting. You’ll be responsible for executing windows that draw our customers in and product merchandising that encourages those customers to stay and explore. You’ll share your passion for presentation by helping team members learn our standards, both in front of house and back of house. You’ll contribute to an inclusive work environment focused on collaboration and passion for both the product and providing our customers with an amazing experience.
- Create captivating windows and balance directives and ownership in all presentations.
- Ensure marketing and promotional messaging are up to date and signage library and props are organized.
- Work with the team to understand product placement and execute daily maintenance.
- Facilitate standards training as needed.
- Assist with the execution of organized and on time floor sets.
- Keep backstock organized and ensure product flows to the floor regularly.
- Respond to customers in the moment and partner them with sales associates as needed.
- Ensure tasks do not impact service.
- Comply with merchandise receiving and handling guidelines.
- Learn our systems and gadgets and use them effectively.
- Share feedback, insights and ideas with the management team.
- Act in a manner that aligns with our values.
(About you) You’ll be great in the role if you …
- Make the best first impression—smile, welcome and connect with customers authentically.
- Love the brand and have a great fashion aesthetic.
- Do what it takes to create seamless, amazing experiences customers can’t stop talking about.
- Bring your best to everything you do and achieve your goals.
- Are flexible, and ready to have fun along the way.
- Leverage technology, while also knowing that devices don’t dominate the dialogue.
- Build productive relationships with everyone on the team and always respect each other.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are available when we are busy, including: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Can bend, reach, stretch as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds | 18 kilos.
- Can regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
Before we wrap, a word about a few of our way cool perks…
- Competitive base pay and bonus programs
- Flexible days and hours
- Amazing merchandise discounts
- 24/7 free confidential help with a variety of personal and work concerns
- Personal and professional development
- Giving back –volunteer program, disaster relief funds, charitable matching donations*
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, legal plan, ID theft, commuter benefit*
- Time Away – paid time off, holidays, parental leave, disability leave, bereavement*
- 401(k) plan with company matching contributions*
- Note: availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to work location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements.
Hourly Range: $13.50 - $19.75
At J.Crew Group (JCG) we aim to pay competitively for our company’s size and industry. The base salary offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region of work premises, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. The base salary is just one component of J.Crew Group’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes the opportunity for bonus, competitive benefits and perks.
One of our core focuses here at JCG is creating a community and culture that builds belonging. We are deeply committed to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, and we warmly welcome job applicants of all backgrounds.
JCG is proud to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected under applicable law.