The ShopStyle Brand and Creative Team is looking for a talented visual designer to help bring our updated brand look & feel to life. This person should be a conceptual, digitally-minded design thinker and expert collaborator who brings a fresh approach to creating visual solutions. This role will design assets and templates in our new visual identity, as well take on weekly responsibilities designing across our digital platforms including email, web, app and social.
- Design for weekly needs, primarily email and some creative assets across our website, app, social
- Partner with marketing and copy to create engaging digital marketing ads
- Collaborate with designers for campaigns and marketing initiatives
- Strategize with marketing and copywriter to execute on messaging objectives
- Manages workflow across assigned projects
- Partner with product design in developing on-brand visuals across web and app
- Support sales teams in design needs for seasonal media kits
- Maintains design systems
- Proactive and finds ways to continually improve and audit current design systems across all brand touchpoints
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience designing for email and social, preferably for a retail or fashion brand
- Conceptual creative with an attention to detail
- Critical thinker who develops strategic design solutions
- Seasoned collaborator who knows the importance of working with a team
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Energetic self-starter who isn’t afraid to jump into something new or unfamiliar
- Clear communicator and presenter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can work in Sketch, Figma, Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite
- Animation/video experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Online portfolio
- 5+ years of experience as a visual designer (at agency or in-house creative team)
ShopStyle is a style curation app that gathers fresh, just-for-you recommendations from over 20,000 brands across the shopping universe. Innovative search technology and a rich catalog are at our core, allowing us to curate trends and recommendations that enhance the shopping experience and showcase what is new and next. Shoppers find what they want––plus unique ways to purchase and save––all in one place at ShopStyle.
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLESOur worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success - Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize - Practice - Validate - Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.