Visual Merchandise Lead, South Shore Plaza - Full Time
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives. Our customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy's Marketing delivers a healthy, profitable customer franchise that is growing through engagement and acquisition. Our team leads strategic initiatives such as personalization and monetization, as well as our Star Rewards Loyalty program.
Take the helm of one of the world's most beloved brands and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you'll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts, motivating our customers to strengthen their relationship with our brand. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you'll drive customer engagement and loyalty while sparking excitement.Job descriptionJob Overview:
The Lead Visual Merchandiser is responsible for arranging and maintaining attractive visual presentation in windows, on ledges, shelves, and fashion panels throughout the store and leading team to do so. May follow a floor plan to re-merchandise an area in preparation for special events or season changes. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Partner with Store Management team to drive elevated execution of visual merchandising priorities that align with store.
- Influence store decisions that affect merchandising and event execution.
- Navigate the portal to obtain seasonal, monthly and weekly execution directives and promotional set up direction.
- Research and present creative ideas with relevance to monthly Trend and My Macys Big ideas. Ensuring that projects are meeting all budget goals.
- Participate in black box process with Store team, responding to required visual actions that will drive positive sales results.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment, through maintaining accessibility standards.
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment focusing on internal and external customer service and safety.
- Role model exemplary service, lead visual team to provide and outstanding shopping experience.
- Clearly communicate Company, store and departmental objectives to visual team.
- Ability to work with all levels of store management.
- Active participation in Pre-Planning
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional education training in art or merchandising is preferred
- 1-3 years merchandise presentation or visual presentation experience
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess vision and creativity. Basic knowledge of art, design, fashion, and interior decoration.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a team leader.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- This position Involves heavy lifting, constant moving, standing, and reaching with arms and hands.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours,
- lift at least 30 lbs.
- Will involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.