Visual Merchandise Manager (Hybrid remote/office)
At Southern Tide, our mission is to share our love for the coastal lifestyle through premium products, experiences, and service.
We offer competitive benefits packages which may include generous vacation policy, health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, discounted stock purchasing, options for education reimbursement, and amazing product discounts! We value work-life balance and offer a flexible corporate office environment.
The Visual Merchandise Manager drives consistent execution of business practices in all aspects of Southern Tide stores. S/He creates and streamlines visual presentations that enable our retail stores to operate as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. This key leader works closely with the Sr Director of Retail and Brand Experience to execute retail strategies that create compelling customer experiences, including, but not limited to store planning, visual merchandising, and retail marketing.
- Manage and execute on-brand visual and in-store customer experiences across assigned channels.
- Execute monthly directives for assigned channels, including but not limited to Signature stores, department stores, and select wholesale accounts.
- Visit each Signature Store for hands on training of Southern Tide Merchandising Standards.
- Participate in new Signature Store set ups and Grand Opening events.
- Visit Retail stores quarterly for hands on training of ST Merchandising Standards.
- Lead all aspects of merchandising for new retail store set ups.
- Train new retail store staff on Visual Standards prior to opening.
- Create and maintain consistent and effective communication tools for all stores.
- Create brand right window presentations seasonally as well as manage in store seasonal graphic change outs
- Owns Visual Retail calendar in partnership with Marketing and Product teams
- Provide recommendations to merchants for optimizing assortments that drive sales in the store.
- Act as lead for fixture/prop placement as well as visual aesthetic for each new and existing Signature Store.
- Collaborate to establish and communicate visual merchandising standards and guidelines, including initial store set-up, capacity, fixture needs, merchandise assortment, and allocation parameters. Publish clear and concise directions for display of marketing collateral in stores and provide education and training to store staff on visual standards and guidelines.
- Support seasonal advertising campaigns through store presentations.
- Collaborate with eCommerce and Marketing teams to create and execute cohesive stories for Southern Tide retail stores and consumers.
What all hands on deck looks like...
- Knowledgeable of current fashion and styling trends and able to effectively interpret/apply to the Southern Tide brand.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly analyze and prioritize work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Know the ropes…
- Generally, 4+years’ experience in retail visual merchandising and/or marketing, preferably for both men’s and women’s apparel.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS - Proficient with Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient with basic computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)