About the Role
Visual Merchandiser supports management team in achieving goals by providing World-Class service. Serves as a role model for building relationships with customers. Maintains presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage areas.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Create engaging experiences for customers by sharing expertise on styling, decorating & entertaining
- Seek out & promote innovative ways to make West Elm a neighborhood destination for inspiration
- Interpret & execute visual inspiration to drive sales & convey the eclectic, creative & modern spirit of the brand
- Ensure merchandising & displays are visually compelling to drive sales
- Model & coach associates on how to uphold visual standards
- Promote the lifestyle & protect the image of the West Elm Brand
- Makes the store a fun, inspirational neighborhood destination
- Continually seek out inspiration, trends & ways to elevate product, decorating & styling expertise
- Replenish the sales floor regularly & maintain visual presentation & displays
- Execute floorset to reflect the inspiration, standards & spirit of the directive within required timeframe
- Foster an environment where all associates are treated fairly & with dignity & respect, in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
- Collaborate with the sales team by appreciating & valuing the talents & contributions of others
- Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We’re excited about you because...
- 1-3 years of experience in merchandising or visual role
- 1-2 years experience in home related design or visual merchandising preferred. Specialty retail preferred
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate POS system
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 pounds, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- Paid vacations and holidays (full-time)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits (full-time)
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
FOR SF ONLY:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person