Patagonia provides employees with a robust benefits package (unique to each role) that may include environmental internships, free health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, an alternative commute reimbursement program, leaves of absence, employee discounts, complimentary product, 401k match and much more.
Who You AreThe Visual Merchandiser brings the Patagonia story to life by creating a retail environment that is innovative, unique, inspired, customer-friendly and reflective of the local community. The VM is responsible for the implementation of visual merchandising directives and providing visual training and support for the retail team. The VM ensures that brand directives are upheld, and local product stories told in the retail environment.
The VM works with the Visual Merchandising Manager or Regional Visual Merchandiser to support seasonal store transitions, sale set up, as well as maintaining the visual presentation of the store. The VM will create seasonal maps as well as order all the visual and marketing assets for the store(s). The VM is also responsible for visual training of the customer experience guides on the visual standards of the company.
YOU ARE AN ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVIST
- You collaborate with the Retail Store General Manager, the Visual Merchandising Manager or Regional Visual Merchandiser and local store staff to develop and install environmental displays and customer communications.
- You implement and/or reinforce Patagonia’s environmental policy visually within the store.
- You work to reduce, reuse and recycle materials consistent with the company zero waste initiatives.
- You understand that the execution of visual presentations makes the customer experience pleasant and effective and often requires creative solutions.
- You use the store assortment plan for each season to create seasonal merchandising maps in the IWD mapping program and review them with Store Management and Visual Leadership.
- You implement store maps on a seasonal basis with the support of the staff.
- You work with Store Management and Visual Leadership to plan and execute sale set up and recovery.
- You will be responsible for ordering all visual and marketing assets for the store with guidance from Visual Leadership.
- You document your work and provide examples on a monthly and seasonal basis through the designated channels.
- You reactively merchandise by examining reports, weather forecasts and customer trends to maximize engagement.
- You maintain all windows, fixtures, tables, mannequins and signage to ensure that product placement is thoughtful, effective, and maintained by the team as brand appropriate.
- You serve as a role model for the team by identifying and delegating daily visual priorities.
- You coach team members on maintaining the entire store’s visual appearance.
- You maintain positive relationships with management, team members and store partners creating an environment that meets the needs of multiple groups.
- You consistently and effectively communicate with Store Management and Visual Leadership through MS Teams.
- You work with staff to ensure optimal inventory levels on the sales floor to meet the needs of the customer.
- You align with District Managers, Store General Managers, Store Assistant Managers, Visual Merchandising Managers and or Regional Visual Merchandisers to coordinate and implement seasonal sales and transitions.
- You lead the training and development of all team members and foster an environment of continued learning.
“We’re in business to save our home planet.”
Build the Best ProductIn retail, our best product is the world-class service we offer our customers. We create amazing and memorable experiences that leave our customers feeling stoked.
Cause No Unnecessary HarmOur stores are intended to be gifts to the community. We renovate old buildings into storefronts using low-impact practices and materials. In addition, our retail stores, working with our Worn Wear program, extend the life of customers’ old gear by repairing, reselling or recycling it.
Use Business to Protect NatureOur stores serve their communities. We strive for deep connections to the people, places, and issues that are relevant there. We are vocal activists for protecting outdoor spaces. Our stores support local environmental groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events that provide a platform to share and engage in activism.
Not Bound by ConventionRetail changes every day. We welcome and embrace change as it inspires us to create new ways to serve our customers. Every retail employee is empowered to make autonomous decisions in line with our mission and values.
Who We’re Looking ForWe want candidates with proven service experience who thrive in a team-based atmosphere. We are seeking people who are passionate about their communities, the environment and caring for others. We need people who participate in and appreciate our core sports. Individuals who are most successful in this position are those who deal well with ambiguity, learn on the fly, demonstrate sound judgment and solve problems creatively. We are looking for someone who builds and maintains relationships with ease and will put the customer at the center of everything they do.
- Experience in a creative or visual field, preferably in a retail environment, with a demonstrated capacity for aesthetic judgment and the ability to understand the business goals that drive merchandising decisions.
- Open to feedback and critique and always striving to improve visual presentations.
- Travel is required between multiple retail stores or to new store openings and events, either by public transportation, the use of a personal car or other mode of travel.
- Occasional outings to purchase merchandising supplies are needed.
- Able to safely and regularly lift and carry 55 pounds.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
- Continually able to kneel to floor level.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Fine motor skills required.
- The total number of scheduled work hours per week is 40 hours.
- The weekly schedule will be determined in collaboration with the Store Management Team and the Visual Merchandising Manager and or the Regional Visual Merchandiser.
Patagonia provides employees with a robust benefits package (unique to each role) that may include environmental internships, free health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, an alternative commute reimbursement program, leaves of absence, employee discounts, complimentary product, 401k match and
EMPLOYEE CONDUCTIt is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
COVID-19 Vaccinations:Patagonia requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment OpportunityAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.