Our client, a NYC based firm who specializes in Mens & Womens active, knits, wovens, both branded and private label is looking to hire a VMM based either in Florida or the Carolinas. The right hire will:
- Enforce Visual Merchandising Standards: Ensure that Visual Merchandising Guidelines and Standards are consistently executed across all retail/outlet stores.
- Store Presentation: Create and implement floor-sets, inspiring window concepts, signage, and store propping in alignment with the brand's DNA, working closely with Marketing, Planning and Allocation, and Design teams.
- Training and Knowledge Management: Develop and update Visual Merchandising training tools, manuals, and Product Knowledge library. Train store personnel, including District Managers (DM) and District Operations Managers (DOS), on brand knowledge and operational training during store visits.
- Competitor Analysis: Stay updated on competitor analysis and communicate local market insights and intelligence to all stakeholders.
- Brand Presentation Standards: Develop and reinforce brand presentation standards and best practices consistently across markets.
- Customer-Centric Approach: Understand the local customer experiences and operational needs to support and adjust strategies and tactics by location.
- Store Visits: Regularly visit all stores to ensure floor presentation and visual standards are met. Prepare recaps summarizing store visits with photo documentation.
- Vendor Management: Source vendors and serve as the primary contact for store fixturing and props.
- Store Openings: Develop tools and materials to aid in the successful opening of stores and all in-store Visual Merchandising executions within given timelines.
- Seasonal Merchandising: Conduct ad-hoc seasonal merchandising visits with select wholesale accounts and tradeshows.
- Location: Florida residence preferred, as this is a field position that involves significant travel.
- Travel: Ability to plan a weekly local and remote travel schedule, spending up to 75% of the time in stores.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of progressive responsibility in visual merchandising, with a track record of success in guiding multi-unit retail divisions and new store openings.
- Design Skills: Strong design vision, aesthetics, sense of color, and form.
- Brand Ambassador: Passion to be a dynamic ambassador for the brand.
- Adaptability: Excellent ability to work in a fast-paced environment, problem solve, and build a culture of partnership with buying, planning, design, and store teams.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills for leading store visits and reporting back to management.
- Design Software: Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) or knowledgeable in other preferred creative software.
- Physical Demands: Must be comfortable standing for long periods, lifting, and moving large items (boxes, ladders, shelving, fixtures).
- Driver's License: Valid U.S. Driver's License with a clean record.
- Reporting Structure: This position reports to both the Director of Stores and the Divisional President.