Who Are We?
Altar'd State is a rapidly growing women's fashion brand with more than 100 boutiques in over 30 states. We offer a place of respite and a distinctive shopping experience with the latest fashion finds, the most sought-after accessories, as well as charming home decor and gifts.
“Stand Out. For Good”. At Altar’d State, those four words are more than just than just our motto, they are why we exist. From Mission Mondays, where 10% of our net proceeds go directly to local charitable organizations, to our long-standing partnership with Coprodeli USA, in which we are in the process of building 22 schools for impoverished communities in Peru, we are committed to giving back in meaningful ways to those in need.
The Merchandiser supports the Store Leader by executing the merchandising and seasonal décor to create a beautiful environment for our guests to achieve all store goals. You will provide our guests with exceptional service through relationship building and an inspirationally, well-maintained environment. Merchandisers drive excellence and provide leadership in all visual aspects of the store including elevated product merchandising, well crafted window designs, and a drive for results through the store’s presentation.
- Fosters a guest-focused team environment through driving volume and anticipating guest needs
- Achieves excellent guest service by role-modeling company service standards
- Proactively provides timely feedback to associates, rewards and recognizes performance to drive retention
- Holds self and associates accountable for achievement of financial results and performance standards
- Manages conflict and coaches by applying company’s recommended processes, standards and guidelines
- Empowers and involves associates in decision-making processes
- Receives feedback and fosters dialog around solutions
- Develops associates through an individualized approach by matching talent with tasks, delegating, and challenging on results
- Fosters team commitment through support, relationship building, and recognizing individual contributions
- Leads by managing through change and adversity
- Makes recommendations on hiring, promotions, and terminations of team members based on performance
- React to product and presentation based off the needs of the business
- Maintain seasonal window décor weekly
- Controls workflow through successful planning and delegation
- Assess store business using company reporting tools to identify merchant opportunities within product placement, outfitting and stock levels
- Executes task directives within designated time frames
- Conduct weekly window mannequin updates
- Teach standards of product flow, merchandising and product knowledge to the team
- Adheres to loss prevention practices and reports potential incidents to ensure shortage control in order to protect Company assets
- Communicates effectively with executive team
- Coaches the team on analysis of, business related visual presentation to achieve department sales goals
- Leads forward thinking approach to the guest experience through merchandising, seasonal décor and in-store marketing.
- Leads a creative community to drive sales through an inspirational store environment
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy boxes (up to 30 lbs.)
- Utilizes and manages the use of weekly reporting to track, analyze and communicate business results and determine strategies to maximize sales
- Interprets Home Office visual communication through Store Leader / District Leader partnership
- Partners with the Store Leader to oversee and manage the roll-out of floor sets, window sets, fixture placement and overall visual environment
- Maintains an awareness of brand aesthetic and relevance to the store environment and communicates with team
- Manages placement of new product
- Communicates product performance observations and offers feedback to the Store Leader
- 1 year Merchandising experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Physical ability to perform tasks, which could require prolonged standing, sitting, reaching, kneeling and / or squatting frequently. May be required to occasionally climb ladders, climb and descend stairs frequently, depending on location. Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds regularly without assistance.
Stand Out For Good, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualification, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
We are proud to share that our associates have made us one of Fortune's Best Companies to Work For! Recently, our team has received the following recognition:
- #73 in Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2023
- #4 in Fortune Best Workplaces in Retail™ 2022
- #93 in Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2023
- #34 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2022