Visual Merchandiser ¦ La Roca Village ¦ Permanent/ Full time - On site
Something Extraordinary Every Day™
As our Visual Merchandiser, you will present a high and consistent standard of all the visual and floor displays within the Village by working effectively with the local teams to maximise guest interests and sales at the Village. You will work to and support the Visual Merchandising Director.
What you will be doing
The key responsibilities of this role will include some or all the following. To guide and lead the stores and retail team with creative solutions in visual merchandising and presentation. Subject Matter Expert - Visual Merchandising
• Act as the key liaison and contact person for any creative goals or actions in the stores, both in-store and in the window displays
• Build and maintain positive relationships across the business
• Take an overall view of the Village retail and marketing calendar and coordinating proactive action accordingly.
• Help guide the Village team on the creative direction of the season, making sure that the flow of communication between departments is clear
• Support any merchandising action or installation as requested
• Participate in retail and marketing calls to coordinate any special event in the Village
• Liaise with the appropriate teams in the Village with the distribution of props, signage and display
• Work in the village on window merchandising and in-store merchandising for a better appeal and product presentation
• Support the stores and the retail team with research on trends and seasonal ideas on how to increase customer interest and sales, and apply theories in store
• Analyse how visual presentation can impact sales and search for new trends and inspiration to make our visual message stronger to our guests
• Ensure the signage is coherent and develop new ideas with the Visual Merchandising team
• Assist in the development and continuous improvement of training seminars for brands on best practices, trends, tips and the Village's retail or marketing calendar to achieve consistency across the Village and enhance the visual merchandising knowledge of the stores
• Train the store managers to maintain a good visual standard in windows and on shop floors by providing clear guidelines and objectives
• Assisting the Visual Merchandising team on projects where needed Analysis & Reporting
• Ensure that the retail team has detailed feedback on their stores and submitting a weekly report on improvements to be made.
• Submit a weekly report about elements that need to be followed as well as the stock in the Village, the merchandise and the staff
• Assist trade show inspiration fairs and visit high street shops and follow up by reports
• Provide the Retail and Group Merchandising Directors with thorough sales analysis Prepare cross over brands analysis, ideas and successes.
What makes you special
Every colleague is an entrepreneur at heart and this drives our organisational culture, which values invention, innovation and risk taking. To be successful with us, you'll have:
We are looking for an individual who can display the following experience and skills:
• Degree education or relevant qualification is preferrable
• Proven experience in a visual merchandising role with luxury brands or for department stores
• Computer literate with high proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Knowledge of principles of providing an excellent customer experience
• A good understanding of the principles for displaying, promoting, and strategically selling products and services
• Passion about fashion with sound understanding on current market trends
• Analytical skills and techniques to assess customer needs and evaluate satisfaction
• Able to work well with all levels across the business and customers with a creative and open minded capability to adapt to a fast pace environment
• A good communicator
• Ability to both work as a team and work independently with minimal supervision
• A natural sense for colour, balance, and composition
• Fluent in English and village language, any other European language beneficial
There's no one quite like us
The Bicester Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams.
Our Vision is to be the best shopping destination in the world.
Our Mission is to make the lives of others better including our brands, our guests, our people and our communities.
Our Brand Promise is to offer something extraordinary every day.
Our Five Values are the glue that bind us together and allows us to lead ahead:
- Authenticity - Always do the right thing Innovation - Think outside of the box Passion - Do what you love and love what you do! Critical Thinking - Challenge the obvious Vision - Be mission driven always
Why we're exceptional
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. In return for your hard work and commitment to our values, you'll receive a generous salary and we'll also reward you through our Feel Good Programme which offers the following benefits:
- Lifestyle - Our Lifestyle benefits include life assurance, income protection, pension, leisure travel insurance, an electric car scheme, a discounted shopping portal, discounts across our Villages, a referral bonus and season ticket loans.
- Physical - Our Physical health benefits include private medical cover, virtual doctor support, dental insurance, health screening, a cycle-to-work scheme, eye care and flu vaccinations.
- Mental - Our Mental health benefits include access to professionals as well as support from trained mental health 'first aiders' from across the business, an employee assistance programme and free access to Headspace and Thrive, two of the most well respected mental well-being apps.
- Social - Our social programme is designed to help us connect and, most importantly, have fun! Benefits include yoga classes, summer parties, outdoor team activities, time away from the office to enjoy special occasions such as birthdays, getting married, moving house and, of course, taking a well-deserved break.
Come and live your story with us
At The Bicester Collection, we are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent. We believe in fostering an open culture, which supports our people to thrive and creates a sense of belonging. Working at the Bicester Collection means entering an inclusive space where all perspectives are valued, ideas are shared freely, and creativity is encouraged.