The Visual Merchandiser’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement, “to create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.” Visual Merchandising Teammates will contribute to profitability by taking charge of the visual appearance and shopability of the store using visual guidelines.
Essential Duties And ResponsibilitiesThis description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure timely installation and demonstrate the ability to properly install and remove window presentations and store promotion events in a timely manner, including the ability to pack, unpack, and prep all props while supporting the visual direction of the company standard.
- Partner with store leadership to discuss and plan store layouts and creative design flow of the merchandise including product rotation and markdown placement.
- Strive to do better business by consistently communicating with leadership team.
- Educate the reasons driving visual strategies to Buckle leadership.
- Display urgency when getting new product to the floor.
- Assisting with Guests and Teammates as needed.
- Strategic understanding of the Sales Presentation, Register and iPad to help assist Guests. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business needs.
- Communicate any policy violations and Teammate or Guest concerns to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential manner.
- Understand and apply the Buckle’s Code of Ethics and all Buckle’s policies, procedures, and handbooks.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education And/or ExperienceAssociate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver 30lbs throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in a retail store setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment OpportunityBuckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the Teammate Center, under Human Resources.