At Fleet Feet Chicago, we believe that running changes everything. For over 25 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners in the Chicagoland area. We believe it’s a privilege to serve and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers with the gear they need to be successful in their active endeavors.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.
Joining Fleet Feet Chicago is joining a team and a community that ignites and promotes running and fitness. We pride ourselves in putting people first and know that what we do each day does not happen anywhere else, for staff or customers. We truly believe that running changes everything.
Position HighlightsThis position provides operational support to fulfill Fleet Feet’s purchasing strategy focused on the retail stores across all categories - footwear, apparel, and accessories. This position is responsible for the product presentation, storytelling and how the customer engages with the product in store. The role is responsible for the product presentation within assigned Fleet Feet Chicago retail location and planogram creation and visual merchandising training and education.
- Create storytelling opportunities through product merchandising, brand and vendor signage, mannequin use, etc. within retail stores.
- Create planograms for distribution within the stores to help execute consistent merchandising and storytelling through retail stores.
- Partner with RXM’s (Retail Experience Managers) to understand sales floor capacity, available fixtures, traffic patterns, and overall sales volume to support each store’s business more effectively.
- Find sales tactics and merchandising strategies to support product sell through.
- Give clear direction for executing proper promotion and markdown strategy to retail stores.
- Actively participate with retail locations by setting daily merchandising tasks, sharing merchandising updates and execute visual merchandise training & education for retail employees.
- Partner with vendors on in store point of purchase (POP) programs and displays including production, and installation updates and exit strategy of POP.
- In conjunction with RXM’s, support sales generation by creating an environment in-store that highlights the appearance of the product and reflects the customer’s lifestyle and interests.
- Partner with the buyers on the management, communication and execution of the product flow & product updates within the stores.
- Create visual continuity on sales floor and store windows across all stores as it relates to marketing and product campaigns.
- Support all Fleet Feet initiatives, activations and functions.
- Work schedule will be based upon the demands of the business and the stores. In typical week, this position will work 5 days in retail locations. In addition, during key company events additional time in the stores and/or offsite will be required.
- 2+ years of retail/merchandising experience recommended
- RICS Point of Sale experience preferred, but not required
- Strong business acumen and retail industry knowledge
- Strong ability to coach and influence colleagues without direct authority
- Ability to think strategically about issues and opportunities to accurately assess impacts
- Problem solver who enjoys challenges and takes pride in creating the right solution
- Excellent communicator with the ability to listen and adapt
- Communicates professionally with the team, stores and vendors
- Assertive self-starter with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Ability to travel between Chicagoland store locations
- Compensation commensurate on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance provided the first month
- 401k (pre/post tax options) after 1-year anniversary
- Paid Time Off
- Employee/Vendor Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Fleet Feet is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. That is why we prioritize diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices, our culture, and our engagement with the community.
Fleet Feet franchisees operate as independent business owners. If you apply and are hired at a Franchise location, you would be an employee of that Fleet Feet franchisee and not an employee of the Fleet Feet Corporation. We have opportunities within both our franchise locations and our Fleet Feet Corporation.