The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for the overall merchandise presentation in stores. You will conduct daily store visits to guarantee an exemplary presentation of all brands and ensure store teams are well-trained in maintaining DTLR Visual
Merchandising standards. The role of Visual Merchandiser is fast-paced and requires a strong passion for merchandising with a keen understanding of the DTLR brand to create extraordinary window and in-store displays to enhance customer experience and increase sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling merchandise presentation that will engage customer experience and stimulate sales activity.
- Complete daily walkthroughs at store using Workforce Experience app to ensure visual merchandising is kept to the highest standards.
- Submit daily photo postings in Workforce Experience app to show before and after work to be reviewed by Senior Visual Merchandising Manager
- Re-merchandise apparel and footwear setups, window presentations, in-store displays and point of sale area to maximize product sell through.
- Coordinate with Senior Visual Merchandising Manager in determining specific visual needs such as fixtures, lighting, photos, signage, and pricing concepts, point of sale, and execution of critical marketing campaigns.
- Implement the company’s visual merchandising directives throughout the stores, but not limited to specialty concept with specific vendor compliance.
- Communicate with Store Manager and District Manager regarding each store visual merchandising successes and opportunities.
- Provide frequent and concise follow-through on all areas of merchandising via email.
- Provide in the moment training to motivate and coach store teams about visual merchandising standards and maintenance.
- Partnering with the Buying Team to understand key merchandising strategies and communicate inventory levels or issues.
- Partner with District Manager in holding store team accountable for the visual maintenance of the store and assist with executing visual directives.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail experience required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language to effectively communicate verbal and/or written form with management, associates and customers.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate an ability to think strategically, plan and organize effectively with strong attention to detail with emphasis on visual merchandising.
- Must be able to maintain an exemplary degree of professionalism in all situations.
- Requires a proficient analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Results driven with demonstrated critical and creative thinking skills. Project management, time management, analytical and superior organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and independent judgment with the ability to use compassion and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, multi-task, set priorities effectively and efficiently to proactively respond to changing demands, from multiple sources.
- The ability to execute directives with precision and consistency.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk; or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required stand/walk for extended periods.
- The employee must be comfortable with climbing ladders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- Travel is required via car, plane, or train.
- The employee must have the ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
DTLR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you willing to submit to a criminal and professional background check?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- visual merchandising: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fashion retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location