Responsible for creating and constructing merchandise displays in Navy Exchange facilities. May perform clerical functions and drive in performance of duties.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Constructs, arranges and maintains effective and artistic visual merchandising presentation and displays in appropriate interior and exterior Exchange locations to include walls, showcases, windows, shelves, counter tops, etc. Decorates designated areas such as showcases, ledges, shelves and fixtures. Sets up focal display near entrances of Exchange to attract customer's attention. These displays may be designed to support a seasonal mood and/or a special merchandising event. As required, prepares appropriate signs, show cards, etc.
- Works with store management personnel in connection with decoration and display requirements, including the designing and assembling of key department displays to highlight and identify principal merchandising efforts and/or assembly of fixtures. As instructed sets up mannequins, center counter, column and shadow box displays depending upon the particular display involved.
- Enters information into a computer for sign making. Determines layout, color selection, color interpolation, type, i.e., pica, compensation, etc. Reviews and adjusts copy to ensure compatibility with formats, and that size and type of specifications are compatible. Plans, schedules and transmits completed formats as required disc.
- Utilizes a desk top publishing program. Prepares specifications for a variety of printed material and signs by item number, description, quantity, unit and estimated value. Reviews final product against specification to ensure accuracy and completeness of design specifications. Assists in determining the signing formats to meet particular needs
- May receive requisitions from Exchange departments for specific sign printing projects. Uses sign machine and prints display signs; produces flyers for sales events, price cars, show cards, signs and related work involving the display of merchandise, using various types and sizes of type as well as a variety of color and poster boards. Delivers completed signs to requesting department and assists with their installation.
- Is responsible for the safekeeping of props, mannequins, tools fixtures in storage area; maintains areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintains records, logs on duplicating and sign making services provided. Procures materials and supplies needed to fulfill sign making assignments.
- As required, takes publicity photographs and writes articles for placement in employees newsletter on sales and events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Drivers license required for positions assigned driving responsibilities.
Climbing ladders and moderate lifting of objects occassionally weighing up to 50 lbs is a requirement of this position.
Primary LocationUnited States-Florida-Atlantic Beach
SchedulePart-time (20 - 34.5 hours)
Unposting DateSep 8, 2022, 10:59:00 PM
General Experience2 years experience which demonstrated possession of the necessary mechanical and artistic skills required of the position to be filled in visual merchandising display and communication. Such experience may have been gained in operation of sign machines graphics illustration visual display or interior decoration.
Substitution Of Experience For Experience
- Education successfully completed in specialized schools of interior decoration design or art may be substituted for experience year for year provided an average of 150 class hours a year is shown in interior decoration or design.
- 1 year education successfully completed in an accredited college or university may be substituted for each year of experience provided an average of six semester hours a year included courses in interior decoration or design architecture commercial art or related fine arts courses.