When customers are provided with an exceptional experience, they will not only return, they will refer us to their friends and family. Visual Merchandisers use their design skills to promote and enhance the image, products and services of Big Sandy Superstore.
We have a great benefits package consisting of:
- Health Insurance - Affordable health insurance with the 2 plan options: PPO 2000 or HSA 3000
- Dental Insurance - Affordable dental insurance with NO waiting period.
- Vision Insurance - Quality vision coverage for very little cost.
- Life Insurance - $10,000 Life Insurance Policy paid in full by the company.
- 401K Plan - All administrative fees are paid by the company.
- Paid Time Off - Competitive paid time off policies.
- Employee Discount - Generous employee discount on ALL merchandise.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Work with Store Management, Buyers and Visual Manager to meet corporate, store, image, and marketing objectives
- Utilize creativity to create a welcoming environment to customers
- Provide a setting conducive to meeting customer needs and wants while contributing to increased volume and sales
- Read and implement changes sent by Corporate: Set Floor Models (lists), Table List, Comforter List, Rug Lists, etc
- Make sure all Furniture and accessories are tagged with current prices, side sliders, floor sample tags, etc.
- Work with management to make sure everything is on floor that is slated for floor
- Make sure all POP is current on the floor (Check BMS weekly to make sure you have every piece of POP that you should have) posters, banners, etc.
- Open all accessories and have all out on floor in a timely manner when they are received
- Work with Inventory Specialists to ensure any merchandise moved to a different location is scanned for accurate store and company inventory
- Run AIR report every Monday to determine what items are needed for your floor based on the store Rating System.
- Be available for floor walk thru to ensure items are displayed in a positive way
- Keep up with all price tags in new items being put on the floor. Work with warehouse to make sure all inventory tags are put in the correct location
- Should have flair for design and color
- Be creative
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to concentrate well and work within tight deadlines
- Be able to use large and small spaces effectively
- Be self-motivated and practical
- Sales and Decorating with Big Sandy or other retailer