Visual Merchandiser Associate (Bainbridge Location)
E&H Hardware Group, LLC (doing business as “E&H Ace Hardware”) operates 29 Ace Hardware locations throughout the state of Ohio. The company is family-owned and headquartered in Wooster, Ohio. With over 60 years of history in the hardware business, E&H Ace Hardware continues to grow through the promotion of friendly, helpful service within the neighborhoods we serve. We are seeking motivated individuals to join our team that share the same drive to exceed customers’ expectations through relationships built on trust.
General Job SummaryThe Visual Merchandiser reports to the Store Manager and will be charged with execution of the Company’s in-store merchandising strategies as directed by the Marketing & Merchandising Department, with a primary focus on endcaps, open floor displays, gift, and impulse items. This position will also be responsible for creating visual displays within the store of new and existing products and providing a pleasant, inspiring shopping experience for customers.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure monthly hardware endcaps are set per pre-defined plan-o-grams, including promotional signage and pricing as needed
- Assist in the strategic merchandising of general floor displays, shippers, clip strips, impulse items, and other merchandising programs
- Work closely with the merchandising team to ensure seasonal displays are sufficiently stocked with core and seasonal goods that reflect local customer preferences
- Define, design, and implement appealing and eye-catching visual displays that lead the customer through the shopping discovery journey
- Change displays frequently to keep a sense of discovery, promote new products, and reflect restive or seasonal themes
- Keep merchandise stocked, fronted/faced, and dusted to maintain a clean appearance
- Update promotional materials, as needed
- Ensure execution of monthly promotional store signage and other ad-hoc merchandising programs as assigned
- Repetitive lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, pulling & pushing, with regular lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Proven work experience as a visual merchandiser
- Possess space planning skills and a general knowledge of merchandising planning and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint with a willingness to learn additional software functions such as Microsoft Teams
- Possess strong organizational skills to help maintain clean, organized backstock
- Ability to maintain a balanced schedule and work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication with customers and employees
- Ability to cross-collaborate with store teams and managers effectively to drive sales
- Continued consideration of an otherwise qualified candidate is subject to a satisfactory background check
- Full time, hourly – typically 40 hours per week.
- Weekend hours anticipated to align with customer shopping patterns