Visual Merchandiser Asst. Manager
Job Title: Visual Merchandising Assistant Manager
Reports To:Store Manager & District Merchandising Manager
Supervises:Department Managers & Sales Associates
General Purpose of Position:
As part of the management team, the Visual Merchandising Assistant Manager works directly with the Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to ensure the responsibilities of day-to-day merchandise management and operations of the store are being met. An excellent Visual Merchandiser positively impacts sales, captures the customer’s attention, and delivers an outstanding in-store experience. The Visual Merchandiser Manager helps with implementing merchandising strategies by creating and maintaining visual displays on the sales floor. As a Senior Manager, the Visual Merchandiser is responsible for opening and closing the store when the Store Manager is not present, ensuring day-to-day operations are functioning properly. A Visual Merchandising Assistant Manager is a natural leader and must have the ability to make informative decisions, solve problems in a critical and diligent manner, and effectively manage the store when the Store Manager is not present.
- Responsible for executing merchandising plans that create and maintain a compelling presentation of merchandise that will engage customers and help stimulate sales activity.
- Create compelling, organized, and on-trend displays that draw customers through the entire store.
- Maintains store appearance and product presentation to TYLER’S standards.
- In charge of installing all window, seasonal, promotional, and branded graphics in the store to keep all signage correct and current.
- Ensures that graphics, signage, props, shelves, and hardware are stored in an organized and ordered fashion.
- Utilize sales reports to create merchandising strategies, maximize sales, and coach department managers.
- Help train the store team about design concepts, visual display standards, and proper maintenance of the overall visual display effort.
- Creates and maintains a positive and team-oriented culture that people want to be a part of.
- Collaborates with the stockroom team to ensure product is prioritized correctly and processed in a timely manner before it is put on the sales floor.
- Responsible for ensuring all senior managerial day-to-day operations are completed correctly, including opening/closing the store and managing the sales floor.
- Oversees compliance of department managers, leads, and sales associates with TYLER’S company policies and standards.
- Makes certain that all of TYLER’S visual details and standards are implemented and upheld by both themselves and their team.
- Ensures safekeeping of all TYLER’S property by working to prevent damage and theft of merchandise.
- Assists in management of store operations.
- Keeps the Store Manager and management well-informed of all activities, merchandising strategies, or action plans.
- Collaborate with the Visual District Manager on any challenges or strategies that deviate from the recommended floor set.
- Ability to develop and train workforce, build relationships, utilize skills of workforce most appropriately.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to merchandise effectively.
- Ability to manage store operations effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to sales associates.
- Self-motivator with strong communication and follow-through skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management abilities.
- Eagar to take on new projects with an eye for detail.
- Creative problem solver that thrives when presented with a new challenge.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks at hand.
- Availability to work a full-time schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Availability to work the hours necessary to open and/or close the store.
- Must have 2-4 years of retail merchandising & management experience.
- Ability to push, lift, or carry 30-50 lbs. of merchandising fixtures.
- Able to move merchandise, shelving, hardware, and fixtures.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Supervising Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location