Job descriptionJob Description
About the RoleWorking at the heart of a fast-pasted fashion business, a Visual Merchandiser will create an environment that inspires customers to explore their personal style. This role will support and guide the store team to deliver the most inspiring and exciting Customer Experience in line with the H&M brand and values. You actively drive sales in the store and are responsible to implement the Visual Identity. The Visual Merchandiser will meet the expectations of customers & colleagues at all times, as well as follow all H&M procedures & standards.
This position reports to our Store Visual Manager (based on volume) or the Store Manager.
Your Day to Day:
Sales and Profit
The Visual Merchandiser will set the garment presentation on the Sales Floor & Windows according to the Commercial Handbook. Together with the Department Manager, the Visual Merchandiser will determine additional commercial opportunities in the store within the H&M brand guidelines. The role will execute floor moves based on those joint decisions.
- Ensure you are up to date with current fashion trends
- Share, inspire and educate the store team on seasonal trend information, upcoming campaigns, and brand standards
- Ensure you meet customer expectations on direct service according to H&M standards.
- Support the store to achieve an excellent customer experience.
- Follow up the H&M Visual Identity through the implementation of the Commercial Handbook and secure well-styled mannequins in windows and in-store.
- Create a clear red thread from windows to A-area with wearable buying suggestions.
- Ensure high-quality garment presentation every day together with the store team
- Maintain clear customer flow through fixture placement and navigation in line with H&M standards
- Launch and maintain all sales campaigns and activities on time and according to H&M standards.
- Together with the Department Manager, you follow up on Store KPIs & initiate actions to reach store goals and budgets.
- Adapt the store planning according to store needs and budget from the Commercial plan.
- Complete and act on the Best Brand portion of the Customer Audit Tool to maximize commercial opportunities.
- Complete the sample picking as well as execute the floor moves in a way that creates clear stories and wearable buying suggestions
- Complete all sales floor and window morning routines daily before the store is open
- Ensure quantity and maintain the condition of all incoming visual props and marketing material with a sustainability mindset.
- Keep the visual room organized and safe.
- Keep all Visual materials in the store current and share information with the team on seasonal changes.
- Paint & maintain the windows as necessary.
The Visual Merchandiser will support the Store team to enhance customer and working experience in-store through coaching and development. Together with the Store Management team, the Visual Merchandiser will ensure that all legal requirements and H&M policies are fulfilled.
Training and Development
- Evaluate & develop the visual and commercial skills of the store team through regular visual training for all colleagues to support garment presentation in line with the Commercial Handbook
- Maintain overview, follow up, and give feedback while executing floor moves together with the store team.
- Identify future Visual Merchandiser talent for succession.
- Ensure that all communication in the windows and on the sales floor complies with local legislation.
- Work in accordance with H&M standards and local legislation with health & safety and security routines, to guarantee you, your colleagues, and customer safety at all times
- Follow all procedures and routines regarding safety, security, and administrative processes in all areas of the store
Who You Are
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and willing to learn on the job!
- Passionate for customer service and helping people find their style
- A multi-tasker who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail
- 1-2+ years of transferrable experience welcome
- You have the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Must be able to work with hand and power-operated tools (Iron, Steamer, etc) and lift in order to execute display setups
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- May be required to travel to support other store