The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for maintaining a beautifully merchandised sales floor, according to Star’s merchandising and advertising plans. A successful Visual Merchandiser will create aesthetically pleasing environments, providing a superior shopping experience for our guests. A positive attitude, sense of enthusiasm and ability to multitask are musts for every day.Reports To:
Store Managers & Merchandising TeamEssential Functions:
- Oversees and assesses visual standards and executional excellence in store.
- Follows corporate directives, coordinates, and implements display and POS direction from the Merchandising Team, Marketing Team and Store Manager.
- Partners with the store team to achieve successful implementation of the defined product strategy.
- With support staff, VM is responsible for store appearance.
- Provides design and project management support to buyers and merchandising team, as needed.
- Involved with maintaining stock rooms and receiving shipments.
- Strong space planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Must have a creative eye for design.
- Able to take direction and take initiative on own.
- MUST be a team player, enthusiastic about their job and actively contributes to a team and respects others.
- Able to effectively communicate and direct support staff to achieve visual excellence in store.
- Dependable; accountable and is committed to work as scheduled.
- Detailed oriented.
- 1 year of experience in Visual Merchandising for a Home Décor company or in the Retail Furniture industry is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good communication skills; reading and writing skills in English.
- Emotional intelligence: understands yourself and others to build relationships.
- Flexible; open to new procedures and ability to adapt to changes.
- Highly Motivated
- Positive attitude
This position operates in a showroom / retail floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, tablets, and other office equipment. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift-up to 25 pounds.Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This position and hours of work would routinely be 40+ hours per week. Given the nature of the position, there may be occasions that extra hours may be required.What Star Offers:
Benefits are an important part of the total compensation that Star offers. Star is dedicated to offering competitive compensation enhanced by a variety of benefits that allow team members to choose whether to participate based on their needs. Some of the benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive health care options (medical, telemedicine, dental and vision)
- Generous Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntarily Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
(Waiting periods may apply to some of the above)Location: 19660 Hwy 59, Sugar Land 77479
Equal Opportunity Employer