California Applicants, please click here to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
In 2016, we launched our first Marlin Bar in Coconut Point, Florida as a laid back space where locals and travelers could gather casually over food and drink. Two years later, a second oasis opened its doors in the mecca of mid-century modernism: Palm Springs, California. Since our guests are asking us for more, we are adding several throughout the United States over the next few years (and beyond). The Marlin Bar is the perfect spot to shop, enjoy frozen cocktails, light fare with friends & family where friendly service and casual vibe are always the catch of the day.
SET THE COURSE
The Marlin Bar is a relaxed refuge, where our guest can unwind with a cocktail, light fare, and simultaneously enjoy some retail therapy.
The Visual Manager provides the ultimate guest in-store experience of the Tommy Bahama brand through excellent visual merchandising and presentation execution in order to drive sales and maximize profitability.
BE THE MARLIN BAR GUIDE
- Create a relaxed destination - Drive branding and business objectives/sales through excellent execution of visual merchandising and presentation.
- Utilize all company tools, visual talent, and knowledge to plan, map, and execute monthly floor sets incorporating appropriate store specific adaptations as necessary.
- In partnership with Regional Visual Manager, identify market specific nuances. Develop and implement brand appropriate solutions to address these unique needs.
- Ensure all signing and graphics are installed and maintained to company standards.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and accessible, prop and sign storage areas.
- Greet all guests with eye contact and a genuine/authentic smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs when appropriate.
- Set the course - Act as location expert for Tommy Bahama merchandising and presentation standards, and responsible for training team members to help improve their skills and ensure consistent presentation. Reference, share, and apply product knowledge information on an ongoing basis.
- Build the perfect oasis –
- In partnership with management, continually analyze and respond to business/selling trends, assortment needs, and guest feedback--proactively adapt merchandising and presentations as needed.
- Maintain two-way communication with appropriate partners regarding visual merchandising and maintenance.
- Verify merchandise status with the Stock Coordinator and ensure the status coincides with merchandise placement plan.
- As requested, provide timely photos to Regional Visual Manager and corporate visual team documenting execution of a given project.
- Provide ongoing written feedback to Regional Visual Manager and corporate visual team on merchandising/presentation strengths and opportunities.
- Demonstrate the values in all business decisions and actions.
- Participate in cleaning and upkeep of the location at the direction of senior management. Assisting guests should always come first.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Perform duties as required and that may occasionally be necessary to support the business.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Generally, 3+ years of experience in visual merchandising and presentation. Specialty retailer or hospitality company preferred
- Strong demonstrated visual merchandising/presentation skills-- Knowledgeable of current fashion and visual merchandising trends and able to effectively interpret/apply to our brand
- Proficient with basic computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), digital photography, and basic photo software
- Guest service experience and awareness
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required – frequently
- Climbing ladders – occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Possible Travel for training and assisting at other Tommy Bahama locations
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.