Visual Merchandiser - City Creek Center
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
Job descriptionJob Description
The ideal Visual Merchandiser is a creative individual who has a passion for presenting the latest fashion trends by crafting eye-catching aesthetics.
A day in the life...
- Build and maintain knowledge of visual merchandising strategies and current trends
- Partner with department managers to uphold, teach, and maintain all visual standards
- Support merchandising, signing, and implementation of direction at the highest level with the ability to customize as appropriate to your store
- Install and remove trim/window presentations for store promotional events
- Support successful execution of the in store lighting program
- The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs
- Experience in merchandising and styling with knowledge of current fashion trends and styles
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic construction skills in building and assembly of visual props preferred
- The ability to use ladders, drills, box knives, and other miscellaneous tools
- Computer proficiency and comfortable learning new computer applications
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
You own this if you have...
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.