JOSEPH, a British contemporary designer brand, founded in 1966 by Casablanca-born Joseph Ettedgui. The JOSEPH label includes ready-to-wear, accessories and footwear. Contemporary, sophisticated, and effortless— the collections are defined by their quality and flawless fit.
Accountable for implementing the Visual Merchandising strategies within the JOSEPH stores, maintaining a global visual consistency for the brand.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Working alongside the Visual Merchandising Manager to implement the JOSEPH visual branding and strategy across the retail portfolio.
- Ensure consistency in visual merchandising across the JOSEPH retail portfolio across each region.
- Work with Retail teams to deliver a strategic display to promote sales in store.
- Train and coach retail staff in visual merchandising concepts to ensure JOSEPH brand visuals are consistent, and any changes are planned and executed within any agreed time frames.
- Support the visual merchandising manager with ad-hoc duties.
- Visit stores on a regular basis to ensure standards are maintained.
- Collaborate with retail, marketing, and creative teams to implement visual merchandising into stores.
- Support showroom events with Creative, Wholesale, Marketing and Retail teams.
- Deliver creative flair to visual merchandising concepts into each store, aligned with brand image, with awareness of store stock.
- Work alongside both internal and external stakeholders, adapting to each level.
- Working efficiently and collaboratively with the retail teams to ensure Visual Merchandising is executed with minimal interruption to trading.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience in-store within the retail sector, ideally within luxury fashion
- Key eye for detail and strong creative vision
- Able to manage time effectively, organised and proactive
- Experience in working across different teams, building relationships quickly
- Able to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ideally a keen passion for fashion and luxury retail
- Eager to adapt, learn and join an energetic team
At JOSEPH we offer a range of benefits, these include access to Retail Trust, supporting you with life’s ups and downs. J Community, our employee engagement, social, D&I committee; offering monthly socials, well-being talks and employee support. Excellent staff discount scheme and access to sample sales to ensure our team members can wear our JOSEPH items.
Joseph Company values
We are driven by our ambitious expectations — good enough isn’t good enough. We understand that in order to compete and win in this category we must put our best foot forward, each and every time.
How we treat our staff, make our product and the role we play in the industry and the world is underpinned by an unwavering integrity. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing. We never cut corners or sacrifice on our quality or our principles.
Attention to detail
Thought, care and a great attention to detail goes into everything we do. It’s the only way we will consistently delight our customers.
Born from the mind and spirit of a pioneer, we are curious, entrepreneurial, and always looking for new ways to push our brand, our business and our customer experience.
JOSEPH is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.