“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers, serving 130+ years, is a leader in the Garden Center Industry and is on the search for an exceptional Visual Merchandiser to join our retail garden center team. Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive training program includes a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
Armstrong Garden Centers is looking for a visual merchandiser to join our team in. This position serves as the point of contact for the entire garden center in regards to visual display items. This position serves as an integral part of both the garden center crew as well as the Visual Merchandising Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Register functions
- Review and implementation of display schematics
- Setting of displays, focal points and display gardens
- Re-merchandising end caps and other seasonal rotational displays
- Review of monthly sales planner and promotional calendars for consistency
- Implementation and follow-up on company merchandising standards
- Ordering and posting of store signage
- Analyzing store layout and traffic flow
- Providing feedback and recommendations for store layout, merchandising, etc.
- Effective communication skills
- Assist in customer carry-outs
- Read and learn about product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follow safe work practices and report any unsafe working conditions to management
- Perform other related duties and assignments as requested
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Personable, outgoing individual, willing to learn nursery person skills; enthusiastic, self-motivated individual.
Compensation –We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Medical, dental, life insurance after 30 days
- Paid holidays and paid vacation after 90 days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Salary will commensurate with experience
Work Schedule-What to expect!
· Garden Center hours (variable with season) five-days per week, weekends required
Physical Environment/Working Conditions-Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Grooming Standards- Our brand promise!
Neat and clean grooming standards required of all Armstrong Garden Centers employees.