Levin Furniture & Mattress and Ashley Homestore is hiring a Visual Store Merchandiser!
This position will cover store locations in Western, PA & Boardman, OH areas.
We’re a family-owned company with a history of caring for our employees, customers and community!
Compensation and Benefits Program:
- Competitive Pay - Earn More at our Company
- Paid Training – We provide a blended learning approach so you can learn and grow
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Retirement, Life Insurance, PTO, and more!
- Employee Purchase Program Discount
- Growth Opportunities – We love to promote from within
- Recognition, Contests and Awards
- Friendly, Supportive Work Environment
- Beautiful Showroom with Top Brands & Trends
Creates vignettes that visually enhance merchandise in order to attract customers. Maintains the visual displays of the showroom. Places incoming accessories and reworks displays for new product or sold product movement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promotes teamwork by working effectively with other peers, supervisors and co-workers and makes decisions that are in the best interest of the entire operation.
- Critiques floor daily and reviews IST's; in order to determine product placement in showroom.
- Maintain and prepare the visual content of the showroom on a weekly basis.
- Accessorizes and replenishes product vignettes.
- Provides design assistance to sales staff and customers in order to complete sales and provide customer satisfaction.
- Communicates with Visual Merchandise Manager, Store Managers and Merchandise Manager through daily Critique Sheet.
- Assists dock personnel with the receipt and placement of product as needed to replenish visual displays.
- Provides direction to dock/warehouse personnel in the flow and placement of product.
- Prioritizes workload in order to complete all assigned daily tasks in the required time limit.
- As a member of the design team, assists in the display design and set up of new or remodeled showrooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create visual displays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and listening skills.
- Basic reading and comprehension skills.
- Basic numerical reasoning skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork in an accurate, neat and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic PC skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry objects weighing 10 lbs, frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs and occasionally push and pull objects weighing 100+ lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and reach regularly.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders regularly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to use vision to read documents and computer screen.
- Ability to use hands to type information into computer and use hand tools.
- Ability to paint and wallpaper displays; place signage.
Education and Experience:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- One year furniture retail or visual design experience; or a combination of experience and college/technical school art or design education.
- Should have the ability to travel up to 50% of the time to other store locations.