Job descriptionVISUAL MERCHANDISER
Location: Primark 518
Employment Type: Perm
Job type: Full time
Contracted hours: 37.5
Working pattern: Varied shifts including earlier mornings from 5am ; afternoons; ;late evenings until midnight, nights and weekends - all will be discussed at interview
We're Primark - one of the biggest names in fashion retail with 191 stores in the UK, over 400 globally and growing. We're all about fun, fashion, and a fabulous career.
As a Visual Merchandiser you will be the creative ambassador for visual merchandising with your store. You will deliver an inspiring visual proposition for the Primark brand to enhance the customer experience and to maximise sales.
You will be responsible for the visual proposition across the store, working with the Visual Merchandising Manager/Store Manager to deliver high visual standards that exceed customer expectations and inspire a great store environment.
You'll work collaboratively to drive sales through strong merchandising, window schemes, mannequin styling, point of sale and product layout whilst working within Primark's guidelines.
You'll have previous retail and visual merchandising experience. Your eye for detail, fashion trends and style will be exceptional as will be your flair for the creative aspect of the role.
Primark offers an excellent salary, innovative training and development programmes and a fun, busy environment. Primark is just a great place to work!
Do it! Apply now...
We are fully committed to supporting people with a disability in applying for our vacancies. If you have a disability and require support throughout the recruitment process you can contact us here [email protected] and let us know what adjustments you may need.
Be the creative ambassador for visual merchandising within your store. Deliver an inspiring visual proposition for the Primark brand to enhance the customer experience and to maximise sales.
Reports to:Visual Merchandising Manager / Store Manager
This role will:
- Be responsible for the visual proposition across the store, working with the Visual Merchandising Manager/Store Manager to deliver high visual standards that exceed customer expectations and inspire a great store environment
- Reflect the local Primark customer in the latest trends through excellent product presentation, windows and mannequin styling
- Champion visual merchandising best practices and principles to create displays that reflect the latest trends and influence the customer journey
- Review and adapt displays making sure they are commercially successful and relevant to the local customer and refresh with alternative products if key pieces become unavailable
- Utilise knowledge of stock and availability to support customer queries and provide excellent customer service and style advice
- Provide consultation and advice to colleagues to support the visual proposition throughout the store
- Launch all new campaigns across the store effectively, adhering to store guidelines and utilising input from your line manager
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of current fashion trends and the fashion retail market, identified by competitive (comp) shops
- Provide feedback to colleagues regarding successful product lines and suggestions on sold through lines in visual merchandising allocated areas
- Share visual merchandising best practice and store successes with the Visual Merchandising Regional managers and other Primark stores as required
- Support with management meetings and colleague team huddles providing regular updates on key visual trends, campaigns and upcoming visual merchandising activities for the week ahead
- Seek regular feedback from your line manager on product displays and campaigns to continually improve and adapt your visual merchandising skills
- Maintain all picture and poster POS in line with company POS guidelines and keep up to date across the store
- Make sure all price tickets are displayed correctly within visual merchandising allocated areas
- Track and share the success of visual merchandising allocated areas with your line manager
- Liaise with the store management team on any visual merchandising display changes throughout the store
- Collaborate with store management team to maintain visual merchandising standards throughout the store
- Collaborate with the visual merchandising team to deliver excellence in operating standards in line with 'The Way We Work' manual
- Adhere to EHS and Operations policies and procedures and carry out regular visual merchandising equipment safety checks
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues to enable delivery of high visual standards across the store
- Motivate and engage colleagues with an emphasis on building their creative skills to support their delivery of eye-catching visual displays
- Deliver 'in the moment' coaching to colleagues demonstrating excellent visual standards and techniques to help them deliver visual displays that inspires customer purchases
- Excellent creative skills that deliver an impactful visual proposition and maximise sales
- Great people skills with an ability to build and maintain credible working relationships with colleagues
- Proactive and able to plan work independently and prioritise workloads
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Strong service focus with experience of delivering excellent customer experience while maintaining high retail standards
- Keen interest in fashion and latest trends