Visual Merchandiser - Food & Home - Ftc
Job descriptionVisual Merchandiser - Food & Home - FTC
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
As a Visual Merchandiser, you will work as part of a larger team to assist with the VM presentation of your area. Appreciating the importance of visual impact within retail, you strive to create and maintain exciting and enticing displays for our customers.
As a Visual Merchandiser you will:
- Perform floor walks each morning to check and maintain basic recovery standards and make sure that actions are carried out prior to store opening
- Consider both the internal and external customer in all activities, including department layout, merchandising and product presentation, including styling and setting and agreeing standards and benchmarks against competitors
- Be proactively involved in implementing themed installations within your departments, working within a close knit cross-functional team
- Work closely with key contacts in Buying & Merchandising and Retail Operations to agree brand adjacencies and product layouts in order to maximise sales potential, as well as building on their understanding of standards and maintenance
- Regularly perform comparative 'shops' of new and inspirational places to maintain an understanding and awareness of competition, direction and key brands
- Have weekly updates with the Stock Control team, ensuring stock is returned and booked back in, and communicate updates as required
- Maintain all vinyl signage and branding; including ordering, installation and delivering consistent standards
- Comply with Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures, demonstrating good standards in regards to your tools, equipment and environment
- Creative. With a background in Art as an advantage, you are passionate about design and visual displays, with an understanding of their importance in a retail environment
- Experienced. You are able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with previous experience in retail operations as well as exposure to VM through work placements,
- Well Informed. You will develop excellent product knowledge by following trends and being aware of our competitor's activity
- A great communicator. You work with your team to deliver results as well as work cross functionally
- Service and experienced focused. Your creative understanding and ability to translate this into practical solutions and displays contributes to our customer experience
- Organised and proactive. You are able to prioritise tasks and plan for key events and launches e.g sale
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.