Visual Merchandiser: Jeromes Showroom
Jerome'sis a locally grown and established company with a 67 year history of providing the best furniture and service to our customers, and we do that by understanding how important our team is to us. We have over 25 stores in California, and service all of California, Arizona and Nevada and we are continuing our expansion. We have over 600 employees who have helped us to grow into the success we have become. Our company is looking for special people who want to establish a genuine career and grow with us.
We have over two thirds of our employees who have been with us for 5-10 years or more.. Many have been with us for 32, 34, and 38 years and counting. Are you looking for a place you can call your "WORK HOME"? If so, look at what we have to offer our associates.
If you are ready to join a team that helps you provide the best possible opportunity and experience applyNOW!!
Come and be part of our growing successes.
We also offer a VERY NICE benefits package including:
- 401(k) Plan
- 401(K) Matching
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Program
- Employee Bail Out Program
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Buying DIscount
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuous Employee Training
(** Minimum employment tenure required to qualify for some benefits ).
Responsibilities:(include but are not limited to)
space planning and furniture placement, design rooms with accents, place new inventory onto floor and reduce old inventory, maintain warehouse back stock area, inventory cycles, seasonal displays, identify layout issues and accessory needs, keep daily and weekly goals logged, work with sales, management and warehouse staff to achieve goals on the floor.
Requirements:Must have minimum of 1 year experience in Retail Visual Merchandising or Interior Design. Attention to detail for design and space, proactive and energetic
Physical requirements: must be able to walk around showroom floor, hanging pictures, laying rugs and placing accessories. All positions require the ability to pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and the willingness to work retail hours as needed.
REPORTS TO: Visual Supervisor/ Store Manager / Assistant Manager
Follows the instructions of the Store Manager to ensure that the store floors are in optimal condition regarding floor layout, accent placement, condition of the spaces, putting out all new merchandise with proper tagging, and proper tracking of all inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design rooms with accents to optimize appeal.
- Space planning and furniture placement.
- Must have good eye for design and space.
- Physical requirements include ability to hang pictures, lay rugs, and place accessories on the showroom floor.
- This position requires someone who is proactive and energetic.
- Walk entire floor with your assistant and a notepad, and make notes for each and every department.
- Identify any layout issues (e.g., new sets, cramped, area, merchandise holes on the floor, styles not cohesive).
- Identify any accessory needs (holes in the walls, messy table tops, missing rugs or tags).
- Open, tag and place new merchandise on the floor as soon as possible. Place new merchandise in high profile areas.
- Make sure Group Line Up is accurate.
- Continuously make IST’s for lamps as stocks deplete.
- Ensure that all tags on art are placed in lower, right hand corner, seams on lamp shades are facing the back, tags are hanging in front of shade, lamps contain light bulbs whenever possible, and unused cards are neatly wrapped.
- Ensure rug tags (large furniture tags) are visible.
- Ensure empty bedding bags are placed under the mattress, not under the bed.
- Ensure warehouse back stock is limited to excess lamps, rugs, and bedding.
- Ensure all table tops and art are out on the floors.
- Keep back stock areas clean and well organized.
- Email inventory and dispose of damaged merchandise as quickly as possible.
- Keep daily/weekly goals written on white board to track projects and responsible person (merchandiser or assistant).
- There will consistently be special projects to help promote company objectives and achieve higher sales goals. Examples: cycles, seasonal displays, Feature of the Month, moving out old inventory.
Jerome's is a Drug Free Workplace,in as such, all prospective candidates are required to complete and pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and prior to employment.
Jerome's is an equal opportunity employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made byJerome'sare conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 3 business days of any conditional offer of employment).
The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour depending on experience.