Visual Merchandiser - Oakbrook
AKIRA Visual Merchandiser
In 2002, AKIRA opened the doors to its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 30+ stores across the United States, as well as a thriving eCommerce business (shopAKIRA.com.) AKIRA is extremely well-poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand.
AKIRA’s culture has one very large, distinct difference from other fast-fashion competitors: Other-Worldly Customer Service and Fanatical, Obsessive Attention to the consumer’s needs and desires. The core principle for all employees at AKIRA is toAct and Think Like an Owner, and this belief can be reflected across all areas of the company.
As a visual merchandiser, you are responsible for all aspects of merchandising within an assigned store. Such merchandising-related activities must align with company guidelines while still cultivating fashion forward displays showcasing products, but must also drive sales in accordance with our selling culture.
- Independently prioritize in-store merchandising tasks each day by assessing aesthetic needs and analyzing and incorporating weekly selling data
- Effectively execute all in-store merchandising tasks according to company guidelines, including but not limited to: floor layout adjustments, floor moves, rack merchandising, table displays, wall displays, accessory displays, sales floor and window mannequin styling, promotional displays, etc.
- Communicate regularly with store management staff to ensure merchandising is meeting the needs of selling culture and vice versa
- Complete daily visual evaluations that assess the quality completion of store closes and summarizes merchandising tasks completed each day
- Ensure customers are being delivered the AKIRA styling experience by connecting customers to stylists when none are immediately available for service
- Complete various cleaning tasks when changing displays (waxing racks, dusting tables, adjusting lighting after floor moves, etc.)
- Process shipment when it arrives when you are present in the store
- Assume the responsibility of manager on duty when one is not present, have an ownership mentality to do what is right, when needed. This means everything from cleaning the windows, to ringing on the register, to selling, to performance management
- Knowledgeable about fashion and trends
- Capable of working with various style preferences
- Efficient and quick pace when working both independently and as part of a team
- Capable of lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Willingness to work early in the early morning and/or some late nights
- Eagerness to work in a fun environment
- Strong organizational, effective communication skills and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times
- Knows how to prioritize and delegate tasks looking for opportunities to engage the entire team
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oak Brook, IL 60653: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location