Visual Merchandiser - Retail
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.Job DescriptionJOB PURPOSE-The Visual Merchandiser works with the Product and Field Leadership teams to map out the product and graphics flow for new stores. Stores are mapped out to maximize sales revenue and to showcase product that aligns with company initiatives and localized differences. The Visual Merchandiser also ensures that each new store receives all relevant Visual and Marketing collateral in stores and on time.
Essential Job Results-
- Partners with the Merchandising and Allocations teams to develop an instore graphics and visual flow plan to maximize sales revenue in all new retail stores.
- Schedules and leads weekly meetings with Design/Construction, Apparel, and the Visual Merchandising Teams to review and plan out the store maps for each new store.
- Provides footwear flow and graphics plan to New Store Opening Coordinator and DSMs.
- Works closely with the Graphics department to develop initial visual and graphic supply orders for all new stores, remodels and relocated stores in North America.
- Oversees the SILA process from inception to execution to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Reviews nightly recaps for each store and reviews all new store opening photos to ensure all standards are being met. Reports findings to the new store opening teams.
- Works with the Department Manager and Director to establish best practices and ways to streamline new store openings and costs.
- Maintains expense records.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates timelines for all domestic store openings.
- Maintains department planning calendars.
- Maintains the visual displays and product in the Corporate Mock Store.
- Visits local high-profile stores and provides feedback to Visual Manager and Directors.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong self-starter with good project management skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and accurately to cross-functional partners.
- Deadline-oriented with superior organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong product knowledge and the ability to understand marketing trends and programs and translate their impact into visual merchandising
- Ability to read and comprehend floor plans and work with our store designers understanding the limitations we have with graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a focus on retail merchandising, retail planning, or visual merchandising.
- 5+ years of experience preferred in a corporate or consulting retail design environment.
- 5+ years of experience in visual merchandising, space planning, assortment planning, or product presentation, preferably with a multi-channel and or vertical retailer.
- Demonstrated skill in the production of printed matter.
- Ability to calculate and monitor costs and provide accurate estimates to assure that budgetary constraints and quality expectations are met.
- Must possess above-average computer skills including Excel, Photoshop, In-Design, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate a high degree of expense awareness and control, strong affinity for numbers
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Skills: Technical drawings, project management, strong knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, detail-oriented, strong multi-
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.