Visual Merchandiser & Sales
At west elm Denver, we love finding smart, imaginative people who feel a connection to us, our customers and our stories. We're tirelessly seeking out new ways to inspire our customers, whether it's creating in-store installations or sharing styling tips. We bring our product to life in our customers' homes and we work hard to make their self expression easy.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Create engaging experiences for customers by sharing expertise on styling, decorating & entertaining
- Seek out & promote innovative ways to make West Elm a neighborhood destination for inspiration
- Interpret & execute visual inspiration to drive sales & convey the eclectic, creative & modern spirit of the brand
- Ensure merchandising & displays are visually compelling to drive sales
- Model & coach associates on how to uphold visual standards
- Promote the lifestyle & protect the image of the West Elm Brand
- Makes the store a fun, inspirational neighborhood destination
- Continually seek out inspiration, trends & ways to elevate product, decorating & styling expertise
- Replenish the sales floor regularly & maintain visual presentation & displays
- Execute floorset to reflect the inspiration, standards & spirit of the directive within required timeframe
- Foster an environment where all associates are treated fairly & with dignity & respect, in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
- Collaborate with the sales team by appreciating & valuing the talents & contributions of others
- Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution
We’re excited about you because...
- 1-3 years of experience in merchandising or visual role
- 1-2 years experience in home related design or visual merchandising preferred. Specialty retail preferred
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- full time associates must have open availability 7 days a week.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for: Health benefits, Paid time-off, Company match for approved non-profits, Time off to volunteer, Generous company discount across the brand of WSI stores, and more!