Visual Merchandiser- Stonewall Kitchen Company Store
Have a creative side and an eye for design? Come join the team at Stonewall Kitchen today! We have an exciting opportunity for aVisual Merchandiserworking out of our beautiful flagship location in York, ME.Excellent schedule Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm, amazing team, and great benefits including a 50% discount!
TheVisualMerchandiseris responsible for assisting the Visual leadership team with establishing and maintaining the look and feel of the Stonewall Kitchen brand in pertinent sales divisions (retail stores in particular.)
The Visual Merchandiser will be involved in:
1. Implementation of visual merchandising themes and displays for retail stores based upon the visual directives provided by the Visual leadership team, to ensure brand and visual merchandising is consistent across all stores, including the production and procurement of various visual props, etc., with a concentration on the York flagship store, but with visits to other company stores, as well
2. Resolve store specific merchandising challenges that require adaptations including store size, store type, volume, spatial constraints, and inventory levels.
3. Work with Design Team for the timely delivery and placement of signage for retail stores and related projects as directed.
4. Based upon store visits, walk-throughs and pertinent meetings, confirm minimums on all Stonewall Kitchen items to ensure proper presentation for sales impact, and request any adjustments to minimums based upon actual story sets as may be necessary
5. Maintain the visual appearance of Viewing Gallery, Farmers’ Market, and other areas as requested.
6. Complete store walk through and provide to Company Store Manager, Visual Merchandising Manager and Director of Retail Operations within two business days following every store visit. Recognize and report any company store maintenance issues to Director of Retail Operations, as needed
7. Communicate necessary visual changes to company stores based on inventory fluctuations, delays, etc. to meet visual plan.
8. Build constructive, effective relationships throughout the company to align support for all visual merchandising and brand initiatives.
9. Must be able to travel to stores regularly and overnight when business demands, to include early morning, evenings and weekends as necessary.
10. Assist other departments on visual products and props as needed (e.g., for tradeshow booth, showroom displays)
1. Strong communication and proven visual merchandising skills required
2. 1 - 2 years of merchandising experience preferred
3. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office preferred)
4. Exhibits good organizational and project management skills
5. Experience with digital cameras and related software (e.g., Photoshop) strongly preferred
6. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs. on occasion, stand several hours a day and climb ladders, bend, reach, squat, kneel, twist, push and pull and perform repetitive motions.
7. Must be able to move large quantities of merchandise with carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment.
8. Must be able to navigate two flights of stairs, potentially multiple times per day
9. Must have a valid driver’s license and meet company insurance requirements
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Stonewall Kitchen, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 - $19.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- York, ME 03909: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location