Visual Merchandising & Activity Manager
• 3 years experience working as a visual merchandiser.
• Experience working in visual merchandising in a retail environment.
• Experience leading co-workers.
• Proven success in leading creative processes and coaching people.
• Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment.
• Manage a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store.
• Lead a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity Co-workers in creating relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet many individual tastes and exceed visitor's expectations.
• Responsible for gathering and translating knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market into relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions that support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
• Keep up to date and knowledgeable about retailing, home furnishing and trends in order to support the Com&In Manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
• Responsible for the recruitment and competence development of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and securing personal succession planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
• Actively support the department action plan using layout as a commercial tool as well as range presentation and vitality initiatives focused on growing the business and supporting long-term profitability. Execute agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
• Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and ensure the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers understand the impact of Com&In actions on the financial result.
• Ensure that Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers base their work on the layout as a commercial tool and execute range presentation solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency by applying national directions and using global tools and best practices.
• Ensure the team always keep visitors in mind, minimise disruption and communicate changes when working on the shop floor
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
"The pay range for this role is $71,907 - $104,651
Whether you're part time or full time, we offer competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx*, dental, vison, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more."