Visual Merchandising & Activity Manager
What you'll need to have
- 3 years experience working as a visual merchandiser.
- Experience working in visual merchandising in a retail environment.
- Experience leading co-workers.
- Proven success in leading creative processes and coaching people.
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Manage a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store.
- Lead a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity Co-workers in creating relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet many individual tastes and exceed visitor's expectations.
- Responsible for gathering and translating knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market into relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions that support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable about retailing, home furnishing and trends in order to support the Com&In Manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- Responsible for the recruitment and competence development of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and securing personal succession planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
- Actively support the department action plan using layout as a commercial tool as well as range presentation and vitality initiatives focused on growing the business and supporting long-term profitability. Execute agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
- Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and ensure the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers understand the impact of Com&In actions on the financial result.
- Ensure that Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers base their work on the layout as a commercial tool and execute range presentation solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency by applying national directions and using global tools and best practices.
- Ensure the team always keep visitors in mind, minimise disruption and communicate changes when working on the shop floor
Together as a Team
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!